AS OF NOW THE MEETING IS ON AND WE PLAN TO HAVE A PACKED AGENDA. HOWEVER, IF ETHICAL DECIDES TO CLOSE THE BUILDING MONDAY, THEN WE WILL NOT MEET. PLEASE CHECK BACK HERE MONDAY BETWEEN 3-4PM FOR UPDATES. Thanks and stay warm everyone!
(ps--if the meeting is on you can also pick up a radon test kit, the program is extended because of continued cold weather)
HOW OUR MEETINGS WORK:
The NYC Grassroots Alliance is a coalition of various enviro groups around the city. We use this meetup group and a google listserv ([masked]) to keep each other informed of events and actions of mutual interest, and support each other's events with attendance and promotion to our own private lists.
In order to gain permission to post events you must attend at least one meeting in person and represent a group that hosts events of interest. Non-relevant or commercial events will be deleted at the discretion of the group organizers.
We meet once a month to discuss current events and decide on larger coalition efforts.
PLEASE NOTE: We prefer not like to take time out of the meetings for event announcements. If you have an event coming up that you want help with or want to announce, please CREATE AN EVENT HERE AT THE MEETUP SITE, or bring flyers to pass out at the meeting.
Agenda Items (carried from last meeting):
• Should this group contact Gina McCarthy (EPA) discuss how/with what agenda? (suggested by susan)
• The Fukushima anniversary (suggested by Ken)
• The "Pete Seeger Causeway" (petition to rename the tappan zee bridge) suggested by Kevin
• How to capitalize on De Blasio's big fracking statement/translate that into shifting his position on infrastructure? (suggested by clare)
• Earth Day events / opportunities for a united messaging? Which groups will be at Union Square? How can we have impact? (suggested by clare)
Please suggest additional agenda items in the comment section (below) at least one day before the meeting.