OWS Environmental Solidarity Group presents a Town Meeting to examine the many environmental and economic challenges facing the people of Long Beach and environs, including:
• climate change and rising tides,
• the natural gas industry and infrastructure
• the proposed LNG port off Long Beach,
• the question of import vs. export of resources,
• the truth about promises of jobs and energy independence,
• renewables (especially solar and offshore wind),
• our relationship to tropical rainforests.
• the potential for a truly sustainable future that includes employment opportunities for many more of us.
Expect a lively exchange with the speakers and one another, plus some great local (and regional) musical and theatrical entertainment. FREE and refreshments will be served.
• Cindy Zipf from Clean Ocean Action,
• David Alicea of the Long Island Sierra Club, and
• David Schieren of Empower Solar.
• Ken Gale of Eco-Logic on WBAI 99.5 FM, NYC,
• JK Canepa of the New York Climate Action Group,
• Clare Donohue of Sane Energy Project,
• Pramilla Malick of Stop the Minisink Compressor Station,
Invited guests (so far unconfirmed) also include Cabot Oil & Gas, Range Resources and LIPA/PSEG.
• cellist Shaheen Malick,
• folk singer Su Polo,
• rockers J-Bird
• Scott Martin of the Broadcasting on the Beach Band
(from the Halftime Howie show on WGBB 120AM in Long Island),
• Kim Fraczek and the People's Puppets' Cantastoria.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
The library is just two and a half short blocks to the right as you exit the Long Beach LIRR Railroad Station.
Videotaping thanks to the people at Environment TV.
Co-sponsored by the Occupy Wall Street Environmental Solidarity Working Group and the Long Beach Public Library.
Please contact [masked] with any questions.