Alla Gringaus invites you to the Meet for Speed meetup with Google on behalf of NYC.JS!
Time Inc., 1271 Ave of the Americas
2nd Fl, room #1.
SPDY, err.. HTTP 2.0 is coming!
The HTTPBis working group is now hard at work on HTTP 2.0, and SPDY was chosen as the starting point for the new specification. In this session we'll cover all you need to know about HTTP 2.0:
· Why HTTP 2.0, why now, and what problems is it solving?
· How will HTTP 2.0 affect existing pages and web apps?
· Performance is a big focus - how will HTTP 2.0 accelerate the web?
· When will it be here?
· Do I need to modify my pages to work with HTTP 2.0?
· What about SPDY? Can I use that today already? (Yes!)
· How do I deploy it, or take advantage of these improvements.. preferably today?
Guest Speaker: Google’s Ilya Grigorik. Ilya is a web performance engineer and developer advocate on the Make The Web Fast team at Google, where he spends his days and nights on making the web fast and driving adoption of performance best practices. Prior to focusing on web performance Ilya was the founder and CTO of PostRank, a social analytics company which was acquired by Google and became the core of social analytics reporting within Google Analytics. Whenever not thinking web performance, or analytics, Ilya can be found contributing to open-source projects, reading, or building fun projects like VimGolf, GitHub Archive and others.
Please try not to be late – the entrance of Time & Life building where Time Inc. is located, closes at 7pm sharp. Also, allow enough time to go through the security and get the pass at the reception, to be seated in the auditorium by 6pm. The session will last 2 hrs – 6-8pm.