Speaker: Christopher Zoog, AIA
Associate | buildingSMART Specialist
Topic: IFC, What It Is, and Why You Should Care:
IFC is often talked about being simply the “DXF format” of BIM, and while it’s true that is an exchange format for design authoring, IFC’s further usefulness is generally not well understood in the AEC industry (at least not in the US). IFC is arguably the best way to leverage data that is typically trapped inside your building information model, often by the very tool used to create it (in this case, Revit).
This lecture will explore IFC’s origin, its current status, as well as how it can unlock that trapped data! Using IFC with Autodesk Revit as the core modeling tool, several BIM use workflows will be demonstrated including:
- Design Authoring / Computational Design (Grasshopper to Revit, Tekla)
- Program Validation / FM handover (dRofus, TIDA, Revit)
- Performance based design / Simulation (MassMotion, Simergy, Revit)
- Model based coordination / Automated Code Compliance (Solibri, Revit, BIM Collaboration Format)
- Design Collaboration (dRofus, Revit, Model Server, BCF)
Various IFC exporting tools, as well as IFC specific editing tools will also be discussed and demonstrated.
Can't attend in person? Set your Meetup RSVP to 'No' and register for the webcast: https://www1.gotomeet...
Food and beverages will be provided by group sponsor Imaginit Technologies.
AIA Continuing Education credits are provided by Plaza Construction.
GotoWebinar & Meetup.com service is provided by SOM.
The meeting space is provided by Pratt Institute Center for Continuing & Professional Studies. Liability Insurance is provided by Case.