Course Overview: This five week course is an introduction to data analysis with the Python programming language aimed at beginners.
Project Demo Day and Certificates: From the rudimentary building blocks of programming basics, to data manipulation and use of advanced drawing packages, the course ends with a demonstration of a project of your choice on Project Demo Day. On Demo Day you will access and analyze real data, utilizing the tools and skill sets taught to you throughout the course. After the successful completion of the course, you will qualify for one of three certificates: Extraordinary Standing, Honorable Graduation, and Active Participation.
Certificates are awarded according to your understanding, skill, and participation.
Week 1 – The Python Programming Language
• Overview of syntax, built in functions and data structures
• Introduction to the standard library
• Object oriented programming
Week 2 – Computational Statistics
• Review of probability and statistics
• Hypothesis testing
• Introduction to Pandas
Week 3 – Data Analysis with Pandas
• The exploratory data analysis process
• Working with real world data
• Data visualization with Matplotlib
Week 4 – Data on the Web
• Web scraping
• Accessing APIs
• Building web applications
Week 5 – Gentle Introduction to Machine Learning
• What is machine learning?
• The Scikit-Learn API
• Image Processing / Text Classification