Detail Series II - Metallic
MEATPACKING DISTRICT AND HIGH LINE
Shiny and reflective, or rusty and rough. Silver and bright, or dark and dull. Metal can have a high variety of looks and properties. This meetup is the second episode of the Detail Series and will focus on all sorts of metals and their appearance.
We will shoot at two very diverse locations in Manhattan. For the first hour or so, we will capture images in the (historical) Meatpacking District. I recommend to take a stroll into Chelsea Market as well. After that we will enter the High Line and walk along the railways.We can try to find something to eat together after the long walk.
Meetup Point: Jackson Square - small little park in a triangle between 8th Ave, Greenwich Street and Horatio Street.
Meetup Time: 11 am
This is a link to a printable map of the High Line:
And a map of the Meatpacking District and Meetup Point:
PLEASE PRINT YOURSELF A MAP IF YOU ARE NOT FAMILIAR WITH THAT AREA.
Please be aware that both areas are popular by tourist. By starting earlier in the morning, I'm hoping to avoid the huge crowd that usually comes early afternoon. You probably won't need tripods and keep your gear light WE WILL WALK A LOT THAT DAY!
• Bring your camera, charged batteries, and empty storage cards.
• Make sure you bring comfortable shoes and dress appropriate.It is summer time, bring sun protection - hats, sunscreen, shades.
• Bring some snacks and water. The meatpacking district has lots of food options, but once we are on the High Line, it will be more difficult.
• As always, please be on time. Allow yourself enough travel time and check the MTA for any subway updates.
• If you have any questions, text me only before the day of the event. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message, so I know who your are. Please don't email me via the Meetup website shortly before or during the Meetup. I'm not constantly checking my emails. Thank you!
I hope to see guys soon.
Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! **