Detail Series - Silhouettes
PLEASE NOTE THAT I UPDATED THE MEETING TIME FOR THIS EVENT. WE WILL MEET AT 4 PM AT THE STAIRS OF THE US CUSTOM HOUSE AND THEN STAY FOR THE NEXT[masked] MIN AT THE WATERFRONT OF BATTERY PARK, SOMEWHERE BETWEEN THE STATEN ISLAND FERRY TERMINAL AND PIER A. AFTER THAT WE WILL MOVE AROUND A LITTLE, BUT I WAS HOPING TO CATCH THE SUNSET IN BATTERY PARK WITH THOSE WHO WANT TO STAY UNTIL 7.56 PM AND LATER. WE CAN GRAB A BITE TO EAT WHEN IT'S DARK. PLEASE BE ON TIME AND PLAN ENOUGH TIME FOR YOUR TRAVELS. THE SOUTH FERRY/ WHITEHALL SUBWAY STATION ON THE 1 AND R LINES IS REOPENED SINCE APRIL.
IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS TO FIND ME, I'LL BE DRESSED IN BLUE JEANS, THE REST MOSTLY IN BLACK, BUT I'LL BE WEARING A BIG SMILE :) CU SATURDAY!
"A silhouette is the image of a person, an object or scene represented as a solid shape of a single colour, usually black, its edges matching the outline of the subject." (Wikipedia)
This episode marks the beginning of a series of meetups that focus on a very specific topic. We will start with silhouette photography and more episodes including "patterns", "metallic", and "reflections" will follow in the next couple of months. So stay tuned for those.
For this meetup we will meet in front of the the US Custom House and take pictures against the sun in Battery Park in two different ways:
1) Take pictures of people - your photo buddies AND yourself. We want EVERYONE to PARTICIPATE also IN FRONT of the camera. Form different shapes with your body, make an ensemble with more photo buddies. This will be fun! you will need a camera that is able to shoot either with a remote controlled shutter or with at least a 2 second shutter delay, 10 seconds is better. Or you can ask your photo buddy to press the shutter button and then blame him/her if the picture is screwed up :)
2) Take silhouettes of objects, other than people, around you.
For those who want to stay longer, the sunset in Battery Park is usually pretty awesome.
I would prefer a sunny day for this meetup, but we will see how things turn out. An overcast but bright day should work fine, too.
• Your camera
• Charged batteries
• Empty storage cards
• Shutter cable or remote.
* Check out your camera's handbook to find out how to set your shutter delay.
* Make sure you bring comfortable shoes and dress appropriate. I highly recommend dark/black clothing.
* Bring some snacks and water, though there are a couple of food options around. Public toilets are located in the Staten Island Ferry Terminal.
* Please be courteous and update your RSVP accordingly. If you RSVP "yes" and you can't make it, change your RSVP to "no".
* If you have any questions, text me only before the day of the event. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message, so I know who your are. Please don't email me via the Meetup website shortly before or during the Meetup. I'm not constantly checking my emails. Thank you!
I hope to see guys soon.
Verena 347.644.RENA PLEASE CALL ME RATHER THAN TEXTING!
Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! **