Detail Series - Pattern
~ CONTINUATION OF LAST YEAR'S DETAIL SERIES ~
"A pattern is a discernible regularity in the world or in a man-made design. As such, the elements of a pattern repeat in a predictable manner." (Wikipedia).
I have a personal interest in taking pictures of patterns. Sometimes, you see a pattern but can't figure out what the object is. This is like a riddle. This is fun! So let's have some fun and find patterns in the city. There are plenty!
We will meet at 3pm in the Albert Capsouto Park, located in the triangle between Canal Street, Varick Street and Laight Street. From there I encourage everyone to spread out and explore the beauty of TriBeCa. We will then meet again around 4 pm in front of the fountain at the Thomas Pain Park (Foley Square), located between Lafayette and Center Street, closer to Duane Street. The fountain looks like a sword sticking out of the ground. Together we will head over to the City Hall Park and slowly make our way to the 9/11 Memorial at the World Trade Center (arrive around 5:00pm).
~~~ PLEASE DOWNLOAD & PRINT THE MAP WITH LOCATIONS FOR YOUR REFERENCE ~~~~~ http://files.meetup.com/1605023/Map%20-%20Pattern%20Meetup%20140607.pdf
Even though this is a multi-stop meetup, the meetup times are approximated and I can't guarantee what route we will take between each stop. I encourage everyone to meet us at the Albert Capsouto or Thomas Pain Park, the latest. I will not sacrifice shooting time for late comers. For those who feel not comfortable navigating through the city by themselves, please stay with me or get together with someone else who can lead the way.
The last stop for this meetup is the recently opened 9/11 Memorial. Please be respectful when you walk the site and pay attention to the people around you. The open plaza will be populated with tourists. For those who want to stay longer, I recommend watching the sunset in Battery Park and returning to the memorial after dark. Please be aware that tripods on the memorial ground are (theoretically) not allowed. This is a link to the memorial park rules - see chapter XVII for photography.
• Bring your camera, charged batteries, and empty storage cards. Any kind of lens will work for this, but I recommend a zoom/ telezoom lens.
• Make sure you bring comfortable shoes and dress appropriate.
• Bring some snacks and water, though I'm sure there will be plenty of delis around.
• Please be courteous and update your RSVP accordingly. If you RSVP "yes" and you can't make it, change your RSVP to "no".
• If you have any questions, text me only before the day of the event. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message, so I know who your are. Please don't email me via the Meetup website shortly before or during the Meetup. I'm not constantly checking my emails. Thank you!
I hope to see guys soon.
Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! **
CallSend SMSAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype