Note: The $6.00 fee is refundable only if this event is cancelled.
** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION. CHECK THIS EVENT PAGE PERIODICALLY FOR ANY UPDATES OR CHANGES. THANK YOU. **
Brooklyn Born will teach (weather permitting) an all-in-one Manual Mode lesson that will include Aperture, Shutter Speed, and other features that can help compose and expose better photographs. This will be a great opportunity for our newest members with DLSR / SLR settings to take more control of their cameras.
- We will meet at the staircase in front of the American Indian Museum. Then we'll find a cool, shaded area in Battery Park to start the workshop. Closest subway stations are Bowling Green (4,5), Whitehall Street (R) and South Ferry (1).
- To RSVP for this event, there is a $6 fee to be paid with PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can register here: www.PayPal.com. The fee is refundable only if this workshop is cancelled. The deadline to sign up is 24 hours before the event.
- This event begins at 12pm sharp!! Please be on time!! Check for service changes and delays. Give yourself extra time to travel. Once the event begins, I will not answer my phone - as it will be disruptive during the lesson. Usually Brooklyn's workshops run for around 1 hour.
- Click on the link below to save & print the cheat sheet (color recommended). Bring it to the lesson:
Manual Mode Cheat Sheet
- Other items to bring:
a. Pen & Notepad
b. Your Camera
c. Your Camera's manual (we advise you to skim through it before the lesson)
d. Snacks and a drink to stay hydrated
e. Sunblock and bug repellent
- Make sure you format your memory cards and charge your batteries.
1. We will NOT be teaching you how to use your own camera. There are too many models from too many manufacturers to know them all. We can not stop the class mid-sentence to try and figure out your particular model. Please read your user manual and/or bring it with you for reference!
2. You will not leave the class shooting like Ansel Adams! You must practice and mess up A LOT! After a while , it'll come naturally.
- Please hold your questions until the end of the lesson. Brooklyn and I will try to go around and assist anyone that needs help.
- IMPORTANT!! > Brooklyn does not like to get his picture taken, so please do not take pictures of him. If anyone takes a picture of him - the lesson will be cancelled on the spot!!
- Details of this event can change at anytime. Please check in periodically for updates.
We are both looking forward to share this basic knowledge and to help you all find your way to your own photographic style.If you have any questions, call or text me a message before the day of the event, or you can email me through my meetup profile. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message so I know who you are.
~ Sally 347.878.NYCP (6927)
** Disclaimer: Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers and Hosts are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! For more information, please read the group policy. **