Note: The $6.00 fee is refundable only if this event is cancelled.
** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION. CHECK THIS EVENT PAGE PERIODICALLY FOR ANY UPDATES OR CHANGES. THANK YOU. **
Jordi is a professional photographer from Spain and will kindly teach us (weather permitting) how to take beautiful portraits using natural light, aka the Sun!! This will be a great opportunity for those who want to learn how to capture people on location. Whatever you're goal is; birthday parties, anniversaries, or something more - this workshop can be a stepping stone. Also, we plan to have a special surprise at the end of the lesson. The only way you will find out is to sign up and join us!!
- We will meet at the staircase in front of the American Indian Museum. Then we'll find a cool, shaded area in Battery Park to start the workshop. Closest subway stations are Bowling Green (4,5), Whitehall Street (R) and South Ferry (1).
- To RSVP for this event, there is a $6 fee to be paid with PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can register here: www.PayPal.com. The fee is refundable only if this workshop is cancelled. The deadline to sign up is 24 hours before the event.
- This event begins at 12pm sharp!! Please be on time!! Check for service changes and delays. Give yourself extra time to travel. Once the event begins, I will not answer my phone - as it will be disruptive during the lesson. Usually our workshops run on an average of 1 hour.
- Items to bring:
a. Pen & Notepad
b. Your Camera
c. Your Camera's manual (we advise you to skim through it before the lesson)
d. Snacks and a drink to stay hydrated
e. Sunblock and bug repellent
- Make sure you format your memory cards and charge your batteries.
1. We will NOT be teaching you how to use your own camera. There are too many models from too many manufacturers to know them all. We can not stop the class mid-sentence to try and figure out your particular model. Please read your user manual and/or bring it with you for reference!
2. You will not leave the class shooting like Ansel Adams! You must practice and mess up A LOT! After a while , it'll come naturally.
- Please hold your questions until the end of the lesson. Jordi, Brooklyn and I will try to go around and assist anyone that needs help.
- Details of this event can change at anytime. Please check in periodically for updates.
We are both looking forward to share this knowledge and to help you all find your way to your own photographic style. If you have any questions, call or text me a message before the day of the event, or you can email me through my meetup profile. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message so I know who you are.
~ Sally 347.878.NYCP (6927)
** Disclaimer: Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers and Hosts are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! For more information, please read the group policy. **
UPDATE 7/17/13 - We may have some models to help us out in return for images for their portfolio. Please be sure to connect with them and exchange email addresses. Also, the current forecast for this event is 60% chance of scattered thunderstorms and potential for severe thunderstorms. I will keep watch of the weather and will send a final email the night before the event on whether or not this event will take place. Thank you.
UPDATE 7/20/13 – This workshop WILL TAKE PLACE!! The forecast is high 90s with 30% chance of isolated thunderstorms, so we’re going for it!! But bring protection for your gear just in case. Also make sure you bring plenty of water to stay hydrated, sunscreen and bug repellent. BE ON TIME!! Weekend subway service is always slow. The R train is running on the D and M lines in the city today, so find other alternatives to get to the meetup point on time. Also, if you missed the deadline and wish to attend, you can pay cash at the meetup point; see me. Please read the entire description of this workshop thoroughly one last time, and please be patient with Jordi’s English. Hold your questions until the end of the lesson. Looking forward to seeing you soon!!