Note: The $6.00 fee is refundable only if this event is cancelled.
photo designed by Jordi :)
** PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION. CHECK THIS EVENT PAGE PERIODICALLY FOR ANY UPDATES OR CHANGES. THANK YOU. **
Jordi is a professional photographer from Spain and will kindly teach us how to take beautiful portraits using a off-camera flash. This will be a great opportunity for those who want to learn how to capture people on location. Whatever you're goal is; birthday parties, anniversaries, or something more - this workshop can be a stepping stone.
- We will meet at the staircase in front of the American Indian Museum. Then we'll find a cool, shaded area in Battery Park to start the workshop. Closest subway stations are Bowling Green (4,5), Whitehall Street (R) and South Ferry (1).
- To RSVP for this event, there is a $6 fee to be paid with PayPal. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can register here: www.PayPal.com. The fee is refundable only if this workshop is cancelled.
Update 7/22/13 - The deadline to sign up is 3 hours prior to the start of the workshop.
- This event begins at 12pm sharp!! Please be on time!! Check for service changes and delays. Give yourself extra time to travel. Once the event begins, I will not answer my phone - as it will be disruptive during the lesson. Usually our workshops run on an average of 1 hour.
- Items to bring:
a. Pen & Notepad
b. Your Camera & Flash (meaning "off-camera flash, shoe flash or speed light")
c. Your Camera's manual (we advise you to skim through it before the lesson)
d. Snacks and a drink to stay hydrated
e. Sunblock and bug repellent
- Make sure you format your memory cards and charge your batteries.
1. We will NOT be teaching you how to use your own camera. There are too many models from too many manufacturers to know them all. We can not stop the class mid-sentence to try and figure out your particular model. Please read your user manual and/or bring it with you for reference!
2. You will not leave the class shooting like Ansel Adams! You must practice and mess up A LOT! After a while , it'll come naturally.
- Please hold your questions until the end of the lesson. Jordi, Brooklyn and I will try to go around and assist anyone that needs help.
- Details of this event can change at anytime. Please check in periodically for updates.
We are both looking forward to share this knowledge and to help you all find your way to your own photographic style. If you have any questions, call or text me a message before the day of the event, or you can email me through my meetup profile. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message so I know who you are.
~ Sally 347.878.NYCP (6927)
** Disclaimer: Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers and Hosts are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! For more information, please read the group policy. **
Update: 8/3/13 7:30am
This workshop will take place!! The forecast for today is slight chance of thunderstorms / 30% chance of rain; high in the upper 70s. If you wish to join us, please RSVP and pay via PayPal - RSVPs are open until 9am. Make sure you review the entire description of this workshop and please be patient with Jordi’s English. Also, PLEASE BE ON TIME!! The R train is not running between Lower Manhattan and Downtown Brooklyn – find an alternate route to get to the meetup point, like the 4 or 5 trains. See you all soon!! :)