PLEASE READ THIS ENTIRE DESCRIPTION
Example of Light Painting
Light Painting at Madison Square Park 2011
North East corner of 23rd Street and Broadway
This event will take place. Forecast for this event is 40% scattered t-storms, low 70 degrees. Please bring protection for your equipment just in case.
Brooklyn Born’s next free lesson will be different from the others. It will be more about long exposures and light painting!! This will be a great opportunity for members with DLSR cameras and tripods to be more creative with photographs.
- We will meet at North-East corner of 23rd Street & Broadway, in front of the statue (see bottom photo). Then we will move into the park and find a spot to begin the workshop. After the lesson we will all spread out through the park so all of you can practice on your own.
- This event begins at 7pm sharp!! Please be on time!! Check for service changes and delays. Give yourself extra time to travel. Once the event begins, I will not answer my phone - as it will be disruptive during the lesson. Since there is a chance later in the evening, we will keep the workshop short.
- Closest subway station is 23rd Street (N/R).
- Items that you must bring:
a. Your Camera -- make sure you charge your batteries and format your memory cards.
b. Your Camera's manual -- review how to change your Aperture, Shutter Speed and ISO for this workshop. Bring it with you for reference.
c. Your tripod -- THIS IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED FOR THIS LIGHT PAINTING WORKSHOP!! Again, we will be spreading out through the park so you can practice on your own.
d. A bright flashlight -- You can also bring colored flashlights or glowsticks to make your paintings more interesting.
- As Brooklyn mentioned in his previous workshops: We will NOT be teaching you how to use your camera. There are too many models from too many manufacturers to know them all. We cannot stop the workshop mid-sentence to to try and figure out your particular model. Please read your user manual and/or bring it with you for reference!
- For those who are new to this group or did not attend this past summer's workshops, you may get lost or confused. But, please hold your questions until the end of the lesson. Brooklyn and I will go around and assist anyone that needs help.
- IMPORTANT!! > Brooklyn does not like to get his picture taken, so please do not take pictures of him. If anyone takes a picture of him - the workshop will be cancelled on the spot!!
- Be courteous by updating your RSVP accordingly. If you RSVP “yes” and you can’t make it, change your RSVP to “no”.
- Please check in on this event page periodically for any updates or changes.
We are both looking forward to share this knowledge and we hope you will have fun with light painting.
If you have any questions, send me an email or a text message before the day of the event. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message so I know who you are.
~ Sally 347.878.NYCP
** Disclaimer: Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation.