** PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE DESCRIPTION!! THANK YOU!! **
One of our members, Ana, brought up this idea for an event - and I think this is a good way to get some photographic inspiration.
Let's meet right outside of the main entrance at 613 West 155th Street.
• Admission is free
o The Hispanic Society of America is located on Broadway between 155th and 156th Streets in New York City. Buses: M4 or M5 to Broadway and 155th Street
Subway: Number 1 to Broadway and 157th Street, or the C to 155th Street .
o Parking: Limited metered parking on Broadway. Free parking on 155th Street between Broadway and Riverside Drive (check signs for alternate side regulations). There is a parking garage on 153 street between Broadway and Riverside Drive.
• Coat Check - The museum offers free coat check, but large bags are not allowed.
• Photography - Photography without flash is permitted in the museum. Tripod, lighting and other devices are not allowed under any circumstances.
• Restaurants - The Hispanic Society does not have a cafeteria. So either make sure you eat before you come to the meetup, or you can go to a nearby Spanish or Latin American restaurant afterwards.
• Be on time! This event starts at 12pm sharp!! So give yourself plenty of time to travel. Check for service changes or delays. I will not wait for latecomers and I will not answer calls, emails and/or messages after 12pm. Since I’ve never been at this museum before, I am estimating that this event will be around 2 hours – depending how big the museum is.
• I will need to keep the group small, so the maximum number of spots is 25 with no waiting list. You may bring only one guest. If the RSVP list is full, please keep checking in to see if anyone dropped out for open spots. Please do not ask me to check for open spots for you – sorry I don’t have time to do that for everyone. And please do not crash the party.
• Please be courteous and change your RSVP accordingly. If you RSVP “yes” and cannot or will not make it, please change it to “no” so that someone else can sign up to attend.
• Don’t forget your camera, charged batteries and empty memory cards!!
If you have any questions, text me only before the day of the event. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message, so I know who you are.
** Disclaimer: Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! **