UPDATED 5/23/13 (highlighted in blue)
UPDATED 5/16/13 (highlighted in red)
Please read entire details!!
Lilly B. gave us a great idea! Let’s travel around the city and shoot photos of art -- at various subway locations.
Since the forecast will be rain majority of the day, the new meetup point will be inside of Penn Station, entrance located at West 33rd Street and 8th Avenue, by the waiting room that's across from Taco Bell (see photo below). Just go down the escalator and it's straight ahead. Nearest subways are 34th & 8th (A, C, E), 34th & 7th (1, 2, 3), and 34th and 6th (B, D, F, M, N, Q, R).
We will have 3 or 4 maps with routes that will be selected randomly and we will designate leaders for smaller groups. Each group will follow the route half-way to each station noted (if possible) to take photographs.
Around 2pm we will meet at a second meetup point, located at Ann Street & William Street under scaffolding spanning across the entire street (1 block northeast of Fulton Street Stop - 2 /3 /A /C subway stop) - for lunch and bathroom breaks. Click here to see a PDF photo of the meetup point. This would be a good chance for those who can't meet us at 11:30am and want to catch up with us.
Visit the MTA’s website to search for nearby artwork that you may be interested in:
For those with iPhones or Androids, download the free app “Meridian” and set it up for the MTA Arts for Transit. This app will give you a list of all the artwork for each subway line:
Meridian for iPhone
Meridian for Android
* Please be aware that most likely tripods may be a hazard to pedestrians and you may be asked by cops or transit workers to close them up. I do not recommend anyone to bring them, but it is up to you. My suggestion is to pack light and just bring your camera and one lens. Small snacks and water may be a good idea, too.
* Be on time! This event starts at 11:30am sharp!! So, give yourself plenty of time to travel. Check for service changes or delays. I will not wait for latecomers and I will not answer calls and messages after 11:30am. If you're late, you can catch up with us at the second meetup point at 2pm.
* There is no limit and you may bring one guest.
* Please be courteous and change your RSVP accordingly. If you RSVP “yes” and cannot or will not make it, please change it to “no”.
* Dress appropriately for the weather and definitely wear comfortable shoes.
* Make sure you charge your batteries, empty memory cards and protection for your gear from the weather.
* Details of this event can change at anytime. Please check in periodically for possible updates.
I hope you will join me. If you have any questions, send me an email or a text message before the day of the event. Please make sure you identify yourself in your message so I know who you are.
~ Sally 347.878.NYCP
** Disclaimer: Participation in this event requires that you assume all risks associated with these activities and that the Organizers and Hosts are in no way liable for any loss or injury as a result of your participation. In other words, you are attending these events at your own risk!! For more information, please read the group policy. **