Carrie
user 13603450
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Hi everyone! There was quite a bit of interest in the cardigan I was knitting last night and some requests to post my write-up of knitting it in the round and the stitch glossary I typed up. So here is the pattern write-up. If anyone wants the Word attachments just let me know and I'll email it to you as I have no idea how to do an attachment on meetup.

Here's the original pattern link: http://www.ravelry.co...­

Here's the pattern that I wrote up to do the body in one piece:

Aidez
These instructions are written so that you can knit the body of the cardigan in one piece. Where I have placed a blank is where you can write in the number of sts indicated for the size you are knitting. I used a US 10.5-32” needle for this and my gauge was almost perfect…maybe a cm or two off. I also used different colored place markers (PM) at the end of the panels to designate the ‘Right, Back & Left’ panels. This will come in handy when decreasing. I also slipped the first st of each row purlwise…this is not necessary but I personally prefer how this looks. As of writing this I am about 2/3 of the way done with the body and using these instructions has worked out well so far. I am going to attempt to knit the sleeves in the round and if it works out will write those up as well but as of now I did not write instructions for the sleeves…please follow original instructions for those. I believe, on Ravelry, there is a link under one of the finished projects with instructions on knitting the sleeves in the round and if I find that again I will post separately. Please let me know if you find any errors 

~Start: CO _______ sts.

~Ribbing Row 1 (RS): k1, *p1,k1, rep from * across

~Ribbing Row 2: p1, *k1, p1, rep from * across. Rep these rows until piece measures 3” from beg, end on RS. Knit next row increasing one st at end of Left , Back , Right panels sections (total of 3 sts) on WS ending with _______ sts. **i.e. if starting CO is 149 sts, after the increase you will have a total of 152 sts.

Establish Pat Sts
Row 1 (RS):
(Right Panel): k2, k1TBL, PM, work row 1 of Ear of Corn over 8sts, PM, k1TBL, work row 1 of Seed Wishbone over 12sts, k1TBL, PM, work row 1 of Ear of Corn over 8 sts, PM, k1TBL, k___, PM (____sts)

(Back Panel): k___, k1TBL, PM, work row 1 Right Cross-St Cable over 8sts, PM, k1TBL, k3, k1TBL, PM, work row 1 of Trellis Pattern over 30sts, PM, k1TBL, k3, k1TBL, PM, work row 1 of Left Cross-St Cable over 8sts, PM, k1TBL, k___, PM(____sts)

(Left Panel): k___, k1TBL, PM, work row 1 of Ear of Corn over 8sts, PM, k1TBL, work row 1 of Seed Wishbone over 12sts, k1TBL, PM, work row 1 of Ear of Corn over 8sts, PM, k1TBL, k2. (____sts)

Row 2:

(Left Panel): p2, p1TBL, work row 2 of Ear of Corn over 8sts, p1TBL, work row 2 of Seed Wishbone over 12sts, p1TBL, work row 2 of Ear of Corn over 8sts, p1TBL, p___ (____sts)

(Back Panel): p____, p1TBL, work row 2 of Left Cross-St Cable over 8sts, p1TBL, p3, p1TBL, work row 2 of Trellis Pat over 30sts, p1TBL, p3, p1TBL, work row 2 of Right Cross-St Cable over 8sts, p1TBL, p____. (____sts)

(Right Panel): p____, p1TBL, work row 2 of Ear of Corn over 8sts, p1TBL, work row 2 of Seed Wishbone over 12sts, p1TBL, work row 2 of Ear of Corn over 8sts, p1TBL, p2. (___sts)

~~cont working pattern even until 5” from beginning (2” from top of ribbing), end on WS. Now (on RS) dec 1 st at end of Right Panel, dec 1 st on both ends of Back Panel, dec 1 st at beginning of Left Panel. Cont working pattern even for another 6.5” and dec again as before. Dec one add’l time after another 6.5” for a total of 3 row decreases. Piece should measure 18” from beginning and stitch count should be ____ sts. End on WS.

~Transfer Left Panel sts (___sts) to seperate10.5 needle. Keep Back and Right Panel sts on circulars and place stoppers. Continue working Left Front Panel Raglan shaping. Then work Back and Right Panels per pattern.

Left Front Panel Raglan Armhole Shaping: (on RS) Bind off ____ sts at beg of the next row (___sts). Then bind off ____ sts at beg of the following RS row – should have____ total sts. Work ___rows even, end on WS.
Dec Row (RS): k2, k2 tog, work to end in pat – should have ____sts. Rep this dec every 4th row ____ times more, then every RS row ____ times – should have 18sts no matter what size you are knitting. ***Note: When only 6 sts of Seeded Wishbone Pat remain, work these sts at k4, p2 on RS rows and k2, p4 on WS rows, Work even in pat as estab on 18 sts for collar extension until piece measures 3¾”, end on WS, Bind Off or keep sts live if you wish to kitchner stitch the Left and Right Panels together instead.

Back Panel Raglan Armhole Shaping: (on RS) Bind off ___ sts at beg of the next 2 rows, then ____ sts at beg of the following 2 tows - should have ___sts. Work ___ rows even, end on WS.
Dec Row (RS): k2, k2 tog, work to last 4 sts, SSK, k2 – should have ___sts. Rep this dec every 4th row ____ times more, then every RS row ____times, end on WS. Bind of remaining 28sts for back neck.

Right Front Panel Raglan Armhole Shaping: (on RS) Bind off ___ sts at end of next row (___ sts). Then bind off ____ sts at the end of the following RS row- should have ____ total sts. Work ___rows even, end on WS.
Dec Row (RS): work pattern as estab until at 4th st from end, SSK, k2 – should have ___sts. Rep this dec every 4th row ____times more, then every RS row ___ times – should have 18 sts no matter what size you are knitting. ***Note: When only 6 sts of Seeded Wishbone Pat remain, work these sts at k4, p2 on RS rows and k2, p4 on WS rows, Work even in pat as estab on 18 sts for collar extension until piece measures 3¾”, end on WS, Bind Off or keep sts live if you wish to Kitchner stitch the Left and Right Panels together instead.

Carrie
user 13603450
New York, NY
Post #: 2
Note: On the 'Right Front Panel Raglan Armhole Shaping' the Bind Off's are to be done at the beg of the Wrong Side (WS) but the Decrease rows are done on the Right Side (RS) as written above. I really wish the designer of this pattern had taken the time and written out the Right Front shaping as it's kind of confusing at first. But, as of today, I have done both the Right and Left Raglan Armhole shaping and it has worked out great...a few curse words but overall was fun to do. Now onto the back panel shaping. Happy knitting :)
Deborah
user 3065513
New York, NY
Post #: 17
I have modified Carrie's modifications even more for those who need more scaffolding on this project. (I needed it!) Feel free to email me and I will send it along. I also made the stitch glossary so that the patterns and the corresponding codes for the stitches are matched up to one another.