align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

NYC Pints 'n' Purls Message Board KAL Patterns, Discussions & Questions › Turning your Knitting Help

Turning your Knitting Help

A former member
Post #: 1
Hi Everyone,

I was wondering if there was a website of choice that you would recommend for tips on knitting. I'm currently trying to learn how to turn the knitting in the middle of the row. Is this the same as turning while knitting the heel of a sock? I wasn't successful in finding a good Youtube to show this so I was looking for some suggestions. If you could help me out with this I would be more than greatful. Thanks everyone!
judy f.
user 9308473
New York, NY
Post #: 15
dk specific web site, but if you search youtube for 'short rows' or 'short row knitting' you should be able to find some videos and tutorials...
ravelry or knitting paradise.com might have something

and, yes, it is the same technique 'short rows' you use turning the heel of your socks..

come to a meet up and many of us will try to help you figure it all out....