addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrosseditemptyheartexportfacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Pints 'n' Purls Message Board KAL Patterns, Discussions & Questions › winter/overlapping knit a long - hand warmers...

winter/overlapping knit a long - hand warmers...

judy f.
user 9308473
New York, NY
Post #: 18
i know some of us are still in various stages of planning or working on the wingspan

however, some of us have fingers itching to start the next knit-a-long project; so i thought we could overlap....if you want to work on both, just do it like gas rationing...one project on odd days and one on even.

those of us who went to rhinebeck were ooohing and aaahing at the handwarmers sidney was wearing.

see below

http://www.ravelry.co...­

sidney has made, i think, 5 pairs, over the years. obviously she really likes them. and highly recommends the pattern. good for you; good for gifts'; etc. i think she's planning to make another pair this season for a gift.

should be an appropriate challenge for experienced knitters and a manageable challenge for newer knitters

among skills to use
knitting in the round - with dpn's or other techniques (i may try to learn magic loop for the second glove)
cables
short rows
picking up stitches (for thumb..)

the latter techniques will also be useful when you are making socks.

and, of course, we will be able to help each other figure out any questions...

i was really pleased to discover that i had the recommended yarn in my stash !!! - from the yarntopia sale.....sidney says that yarn, that pattern really last. she's had them for several years.

anyhow, i should be starting soon...maybe as soon as i finish my aidez; maybe sooner.

if you don't have an appropriate yarn, the smiley's sale should present an opportunity to get some.

looking forward to starting !!!

judy
A former member
Post #: 10
Excited, going to start mine today.
judy f.
user 9308473
New York, NY
Post #: 19
took another look at the pattern

added skill, to utilize...or to learn.......fairly simple CHART READING>....