addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Pints 'n' Purls Message Board KAL Patterns, Discussions & Questions › "Great Divide" shawl k-a-l, designer sponsored

"Great Divide" shawl k-a-l, designer sponsored

judy f.
user 9308473
New York, NY
Post #: 54
Allie discovered a wonderful shawl pattern
the great divide
http://www.ravelry.co...­

elizabeth found the designer on instagram, and discovered she is running a k-a-l.
the designer's user name is @kisskisskiddo

the design is fairly straightforward, with the added challenge, intrigue of colorwork.
several members of pints'n'purls are planning to try it, so join in.

the official instagram k-a-l runs thru september 18. i don't know what it entails, a virtual community to encourage you, for sure, probably tips and pointers, maybe prizes.

those of you more tech savvy than i, check it out....

anyone who participates, post your results here, too , so we can all see. !!!
Elizabeth Z.
Elizabeth1201
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 4
To be fair, Caroline gets most of the blame for roping us into this one! On Instagram, the tag is #greatdivideshawlkal, you can check out others have done and find the official instructions.

To get us started, here is my progress so far:
Elizabeth's Great Divide Project
A former member
Post #: 24
Yeah totally Caroline, for this amaze pattern!!!
judy f.
user 9308473
New York, NY
Post #: 58
Just started the Great Divide yesterday. have to check the instagram k-a-l. Using yarn from my stash and hoping for this project, will be able to use solely stash yarn. yes !!!

Project itself is fun. I'm liking the way it looks. And it is seriously hypnotic, addictive.

For experience knitters, a relaxing fun knit. For less experienced, a good introduction for shawl construction and a little simple colorwork. It is REALLY EASY...
judy f.
user 9308473
New York, NY
Post #: 60
Caroline sent out additional info about the instagram kal

If you are going to participate in the great divide shawl KAL on instagram make sure you use #nycpintsnpurls #greatdivideshawlkal to follow along with our progress and then #greatdivideshawlkalfinished with your finished photo by Sept 18th to be included in the drawing for prizes!
(your instagram profile has to be public in order to be entered to win the prizes).

Happy KALing everyone!