3) maintain a keen interest in foreign affairs / international relations.
We meet every month at a private venue in Midtown to discuss these topics . . . stemming from the chambers of the City Hall to the assemblies of the United Nations (and everything in between).
Our regular monthly meetup consists of the following tripartite categories of discussion:
• Local news in NYC and the greater metropolitan area.
• Domestic politics and public policies of national significance.
• International relations and foreign affairs.
You get your news from politically savvy websites and you frequently read intelligent op-ed pieces, editorials, or blogs. The 24-hour cable news do not satisfy your insatiable appetite for political news-reporting, analysis, and discussions. Being called a "political junkie" or a "public policy wonk" is your badge of honor.
Here, you can be your own political pundit! Whether if you're — a bleeding-heart liberal, a staunch conservative, a freedom-loving libertarian, a free-market capitalist, a moderate centrist, an objective independent, or an international affairs connoisseur — we can all come together for civilized, thoughtful, intelligent, and friendly discussions.
While we welcome dissent and although we don't shy away from controversial, hot-button issues, we have a zero-tolerance policy for personal, Ad Hominem attacks, or demagoguery.
Therefore, here are some examples of what to expect from this group:
• A genuine discussion on policies rather than bitter partisan bickering.
• A well-reasoned dialogue over petty rhetoric or mere talking points.
• A collegial discourse over a shouting match.
Additionally, all members are welcomed to make topical suggestions. If you have an expert knowledge in a certain area, you're encouraged to share the knowledge by moderating a disucssion on that particular topic.
If all of the above fits your interests, you've definitely come to the right place!