NYC Riak Meetup Message Board › Announcement - NYC Riak Meetup Update

Announcement - NYC Riak Meetup Update

Tom S.
user 41279442
New York, NY
NYC Riak Meetup Members,

The NYC Riak Meetup has been dormant since September 2011. We apologize. This is about to change.

First, please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Tom Santero, currently employed by Basho Technologies as Technical Evangelist. Not only do I live and work in NYC, but I am now an organizer of the group. You can find me on twitter as @tsantero ; I'm very open to feedback so if you have questions/comments regarding Riak, this Meetup, or NoSQL in general I want to hear from you!

Now onto the NYC Riak Meetup. Moving forward I will be organizing a number of meetings for the remainder of the year. My ambition for these meetups is to:

1) feature brilliant engineers from the NYC tech scene to come talk about how they're using Riak in production

2) provide a forum for discussing various features and major Riak product updates

3) foster the growing community of Riak users and enthusiasts

We are hoping to host these meetups at a frequency of at least every other month. For now I have a space in mind that could easily accommodate about 100 people that is easily accessible by most subway lines. Also, Basho will be providing food and refreshments at all upcoming meetings.

As of right now I am currently engaging speakers for an upcoming meetup that will take place sometime in May, so be sure to keep an eye out for further updates.

That being said, if you or anyone you know would like to share your experience with Riak, send me an email at tsantero@basho.com

Look forward to seeing you all in May!

Regards,
Tom Santero
--

@tsantero­
Technical Evangelist
Basho Technologies
Andrew Z.
user 8115873
New York, NY
Post #: 1
How about a 1.2 preview this month (July)?

Andrew
@andrewzeneski
Jonathan H.
jonhyman
New York, NY
Post #: 2
I'm interested in an intro to and overview of Riak with some examples of where it really shines; we're using MongoDB and Redis right now but have heard great things about Riak. I'd love to hear about some examples of where it makes a lot of sense to use Riak vs. another solution so I can be able to make an informed decision about how we implement some of our tech.