add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

Scandinavian Social Club /New York City Message Board › Looking for interpreters

Looking for interpreters

Wes H.
user 12685118
Portland, OR
Post #: 1

My name is Wes and I work with an interpreting company in Portland, Oregon. We are currently looking for Scandinavian interpreters and I was told that this might be a good place to search. I have permission from one of the organizers to post here briefly.

Basically, what we are looking for is speakers of Swedish, Norwegian, and other languages to hire as independent contractors for phone interpretation. The position requires fluency in English and another language, access to a landline telephone, and some patience. It's best for someone who spends a good deal of time at home, and it can also be useful if you like staying up late.

When one of our clients calls in to request interpretation, we conference them to you. Calls are not scheduled in advance, and you can log on or off using our system to indicate when you are available. Calls are frequently of a medical nature, so people with experience in the healthcare fields are very encouraged to apply. However, I'd be happy to hear from anyone who has an extremely strong grasp of both languages.

Please contact me at or call 503-484-2311 if you are interested and would like more information. We have been having some trouble finding qualified speakers lately, so I am eager for whatever help you can provide.

Best regards,

Wes Hilton
Interpreter recruiter
Certified Languages International