A former member
Post #: 1
Hello everyone,
I am new here and I find it really amazing that there are many people in the US who are interested in learning the Swedish language. smile

I have a question about an exam called TISUS (Test in Swedish for University Studies)? It's a TOEFL/IELTS like exam where you have to sit for 3 parts: reading, writing and speaking. Has anyone over here heared of that exam?

Thanks in advance.

Ammar
Allan...
user 7178174
New York, NY
Post #: 24
Send an Email Post a Greeting
Hello everyone,
I am new here and I find it really amazing that there are many people in the US who are interested in learning the Swedish language. smile

I have a question about an exam called TISUS (Test in Swedish for University Studies)? It's a TOEFL/IELTS like exam where you have to sit for 3 parts: reading, writing and speaking. Has anyone over here heared of that exam?

Thanks in advance.

Ammar

Hi Ammar,

I've definitely heard of TISUS, but have never taken it...

But I can tell you my experience of taking a similar exam in Danish, the Prøve i Dansk 2 (PD2).

I sat for the written part of the exam in April, 2010, and for the spoken part a month later. The morning session went from about 9 to 11, and had two reading sections with questions afterwards that could be answered in one word (i.e., answers didn't have to be in complete sentences), as long as the answers were correct. The afternoon session went from about 12 to 2 had two short written assignments, a personal letter, and a business letter. While waiting the month between the written and spoken parts of the exam, I was sent topics and questions that were going to be discussed and used in the spoken part. The spoken part was a month later and lasted for about maybe an hour. We met in groups of three with two examiners, and each of us were given different pictures to describe, and afterwards we each gave presentations on the topics we had chosen to discuss. The examiners then asked us questions based on the topics and opinions we presented. Also, our topics and opinions were not exclusive, so the discussions included both of the examiners and all three of us examinees. Afterwards we were told individually what our scores were for both the written and spoken parts of the exam. A few weeks later, we got out official certifications in the mail.

I hope my description helps you in some way!

Thanks,
Allan
A former member
Post #: 2
Allan,
Thank you very much for your reply. That was really hopeful and informative. smile

Regards,
Ammar