align-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcamerachatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-crosscrosseditfacebookglobegoogleimagesinstagramlocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartwitteryahoo

NYC Screenwriters Collective Message Board › Screenwriting Advice, in Six Seconds or Less

Screenwriting Advice, in Six Seconds or Less

A former member
Post #: 118
http://www.newyorker....­

Lesson No. 1: “All screenwriting books are bullshit, ALL. Watch movies, read screenplays, let them be your guide.”

Lesson No. 14: “Forget about contests, agents; focus on what you can control. Words, pages, and the intention behind them.”

Lesson No. 25: “When I’m stuck on a first draft, I remind myself that no one gets to see this until I say they can, which gives me permission to finish.”

Lesson No. 37: “Don’t stress about making your main characters likable or relatable. That’s development speak. Just make them fascinating, and we’ll care.”

Patrick P.
user 26854212
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 23
Lesson No. 38: "Addendum to Lesson No. 1, screenwriting advice in the form of a list is very useful."