Our last 1-day Tournament of the season is here!! RSVp while there are spots available!!
Get plenty of touches on the ball and a chance to win 1st. place championship medals!
See details below:
How long will the Tournament last?
It will start at 6:30pm and end approximately at 9pm.
What are the rules and level of play?
- 8vs8 (includes the goalkeeper). All teams will have 2 to 3 substitutes.
- CO-ED (no minimum girls required on field)
- 8'x24' size goals.
- Level is intermediate to advance. If you played at a college level or similar, you would be considered Advanced.
- No slide tackles.
-Only turf shoes, indoor shoes or running sneakers.
-3 points for a win, 1 for a tie and 0 for a loss. The teams in the Final Round games are decided by points, goal difference then goals scored.
-We'll keep track of scores. The goals are full size, so if you are a goalkeeper please let us know. Otherwise, teammates will rotate being goalkeeper.
-Everyone will be randomly placed on a team. If you would like to be placed with a particular team, please let us know in the comment section when you rsvp on the top right corner; we will try to accommodate everyone. Also, if you would like to bring your own team, please rsvp for you+8 and pay the total via paypal.
How do I join?
There are 2 ways to join:
1. The first way to join is as a free agent. To join as a free agent please rsvp on this page and we will place you on a team. If you would like to be placed with a friend on the same team, please let us know. We will try to accommodate everyone :)
2. The second way to join is as a team. If you would like to register your team please rsvp on this page for you+9 guests and pay the total amount via paypal.
How will the tourney work?
- We are looking to register 6 or 4 teams. See below for format.
6 TEAM TOURNEY: (A, B, C, D, E, F).
Game Slot 1 (30min.): A vs B ; C vs. D
Game Slot 2 (30min.): E vs A ; F vs. C
Game Slot 3 (30min.): B vs F ; E vs. D
Game Slot 4 (30min.): A vs D ; B vs. C
Game Slot 5 (30min.): E vs F
Game Slot 6 (30min.): 1st. Place game ; 3rd. Place game
Game Slot 7 (30min.): 5th. Place game
4 TEAM TOURNEY: (A, B, C, D )
Game Slot 1 (20min.): A vs B ; C vs. D
Game Slot 2 (20min.): A vs C ; B vs. D
Game Slot 3 (20min.): B vs C ; A vs. D
Game Slot 4 (20min.): A vs B ; C vs. D
Game Slot 5 (20min.): A vs C ; B vs. D
Game Slot 6 (20min.): B vs C ; A vs. D
Team with best record wins the tournament.
What's the cost?
- $15 dollars for each player.
- Hired referees
- Permit fees
- Tournament and website administration
What are the prizes?
- Easch player in the winning team receives medals and gains bragging rights :)
Where will we play?
Randall's Island Field #75.
Here is a link to Randall's Island Map: Click here
To see an aerial view of the field on MapQuest: Click here
How can I get there?
You can get to Randall's Island by car, bus, walking or biking. Here is the link to the directions: Directions to Randall's Island
The best ways to get there are:
If you have any questions about getting there please e-mail me at: paul(at)nycpickup.org.
What should you bring?
-Please use cleats or turf shoes.
-Lots of water!
-A white t-shirt, a red t-shirt and a blue t-shirt to differentiate players of each team.
What is the refund policy?
If you won't be able to make it to the game, please change your RSVP to "NO" 48 hours before the game kickoff in order to receive a full refund. This is done to give other members a chance to take your spot. Thank you!
How do I know if the tourney is canceled due to bad weather?
Games will be cancelled if the weather conditions are severe such as snow, sleet or thunderstorms. If the event is cancelled I will send out an e-mail the morning of the game and i will post a comment on this page. Please check your e-mail or this page. If you are unsure, or can't get to your e-mail, you can also text me or call me at[masked]-5725.
See you on the pitch!
Refunds offered if:
Payments you make go to the organizer, not to Meetup. You must make refund requests to the organizer.