Lets all thank the wonderful, fantastic, extraordinary Melissa for allowing us to meet in her building's communal room! If many people are on the waiting list, I will try to find a space that can accommodate more people at the next potluck.
As a person who loves to eat a little bit of everything, this is the all time perfect event. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE do not RSVP unless you can attend. If not, it makes planning a headache, also it's not really fair to those who may be on the waiting list. If there are issues regarding RSVP's, I may have to charge a small fee to ensure attendance at the Spring Potluck. If something comes up, please update your RSVP asap so that those on the waiting list have enough time to prepare a dish. Even if your plans change last minute, (which I hope is not the case), LET ME KNOW. That way, I'll know whether I need to make a quick run to the store. Thanks in advance!
I will be attempting my famous vegan lasgana. Well, it's not really famous considering the only other time I made it, it was practically inedible. But I plan on perfecting this recipe until it's the most delicious lasagna of all time! Pray for me guys.
• Every person must bring at least one dish or help out in some way. I find that we vegan ladies can throw down in the kitchen. With vegan options being as limited as they are, we pretty much HAVE to learn how to cook, lol. But if you'd rather pick up a few things at the store, than spend an hour in the kitchen, we can definitely use you for cup and napkin duty. Also, what's food without drinks?
• Please let me know what you are bringing once you RSVP. Also, you must write it in the comments section as well, so that everyone else attending knows what you are bringing and can plan their own dish accordingly. Let's try not to bring two of the same dish. Please make sure to check what others are making. We don't want to end up with a table full of desserts, lol. We can always tweek a few things if needed.
• If you decide to buy drinks: water, soda, wine, please get the appropriate amount. Try buying multiple bottles (at least 3) of 2L soda, not just one
• This should go without saying, but please make sure that every dish is completely vegan. I know some of us may be vegetarians, pescetarians, flexitarians, and close-but-not-quite-vegan, so please make sure that everything is totally void of any and all animal products. This includes ingredients such as honey. A few of our members are gluten-free, so if you can attempt a gluten-free dish, all the better.
• If your dish requires a serving spoon, please bring one along with you. Also, a note/index card with the name of you dish would be great.
• Bring copies of your recipe. We can all swap!
• Um... am I leaving anything out? Hmm... oh yea, come hungry!
You know I'm never afraid to text members, so please don't hesitate to text me. Contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
(If anyone has any ideas for free or low cost venues that can hold larger groups of people, let me know)