NYC Vegetarian and Vegan Families Message Board › Important Dates RoundUP (including Rockin’ Raw’s Opening Party and a 10% Deal)

Important Dates RoundUP (including Rockin’ Raw’s Opening Party and a 10% Deal)

Demetrius
aqknight
Astoria, NY
Post #: 850
Cider cheers everyone.

Excited to be back from a vegan wedding, where I had my first ciders of the season and plenty other fun. Also, had a good few laughs this first week of October at the horizon upon us: Walk for Animals, Thanksliving, Halloween, Thanksvegan, a month of Alvin Ailey and all the rest 2012’s final quarter has in store for us. That lineup includes EatUP’s 10th birthday TODAY!

We are celebrating our first 10 years this Friday evening at Rockin’ Raw – which is also our monthly dinner event. Come on by to wish EatUP a 'happy first decade'! And also wish our venue host Rockin’ Raw the best in their new Manhattan location. (If you bring a gaggle of swayable omnivores with you, all the better!)

Doug, my cohort here, reports there is a NEW Zen Palate. It's at 516 3rd Avenue (between 34th and 35th on the avenue’s west side). It’s been open a good few weeks now, with lots of seating including a party room. (Sadly, the UWS location closed.)

Later this Autumn, Manhattan is due to welcome second locations for both Peacefood Cafe and Terri. Stay tuned for details!

V-Spot now observes “meatless monday each week with a small menu of empanadas ($3) and three different entree specials ($10).”

Mucho appreciation to all you Netflix DVD accountholders saving AND rating Vegucated so it can join their VIP ranks! And further thanks for sharing this request with ALL your peeps, the veg*n and omnivorous. Any so-called carnivorous pees will simply find their eating Gardein and Beyond Meat in due time!

And before I forget again, please hook yourself up with the fantastic fig focaccia bread at Eataly's bread counter WITH the balsamic drizzle. It's friggin' A MA ZING, and cheap gourmet by my standards.

DEALS
*NEW* Save 10% on all VeganEssentials.com orders with coupon code mofo

COMMUNITY CALENDAR

This week
Mon Oct 8 EatUP turns 10 

Tue Oct 9 5:30 pm Dinner at FeelGoods Cafe! (St. James) [LI]

­Tue Oct 9 7 pm Veg Night Out! Drinks at the fabulous Skyroom Rooftop

­Wed Oct 10 6:30 pm The Dark Side of Dolphins & Whales in Captivity: Film Screening & Book Signing [PA]

Wed Oct 10 6:30 pm Plant A Healthy School Lunch Gala for New York Coalition for Healthy School Food

­Fri Oct 12 6:30 pm Rockin' Raw Opening Party + EatUP celebrates 10 Years

Sat Oct 13 10:45 am European Garden Tour - NYC style! (plus eat!)

Sat Oct 13 Noon NYC Vegan EatUP Lunch Bunch

Next week
Fri Oct 19 7 pm submit your vegan recipes for Karuna Kuisine cookbook project! [LI]

Sat Oct 20 10:30 am Farm Sanctuary NYC Walk for Farm Animals

Sat Oct 20 Noon Help the vegan chili win! And support a great cause at Ruth's Chili Cook-Off! [LI]

Beyond
Thu Oct 25 7 pm  Vegan Drinks LIV

­Sat Oct 27 12:30 pm Let's Kick the Final Bucket Off Our NYC Bucket List! [BK]

Sat Oct 27 Noon Farm Sanctuary Walk for Animals in Philadelphia

Sat Oct 27 5:30 pm HealthyPlanet's Eco Cafe with Dr. Helen Caldicott & expert panel

Tue Oct 30 7 pm Pre-Halloween (Oct 30) Dinner at 3 Brothers [LI]

Tue Nov 6 6:30 pm Cook vegetarian! [White Plains]

Sat Nov 17 1 pm enjoy a raw vegan meal from live island cafe [LI]

EATUP MESSAGE BOARD's new posts
Roommate for Astoria apartment sought (December 1 move in)
­Roommate wanted
Free Tai Chi Class in Mid-town Manhattan

Cider for all!
Demetrius Bagley
Organizer, NYC Vegan EatUP
meetup.com/nyceatup

NYC Vegan EatUP promotes connecting for community and compassionate cuisine around the New York City metro and beyond. Our history spans 10 years, some 450+ events and sports over 1,700 members.