addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

NYC Vegetarian and Vegan Families Message Board › Vegan Quiche recipe

Vegan Quiche recipe

Lisa D.
user 39297712
Ozone Park, NY
Post #: 5
Hi everyone! We had so much fun meeting you all last weekend and we look forward to upcoming events :)

This is my vegan quiche recipe:

2 twelve oz packages extra firm silken tofu
1 tbsp tahini
3 tbsp potato starch
1 tsp fine sea salt
1/2 tsp turmeric
1/2 tsp onion powder
1/2 cup nutritional yeast
1/2 tsp dry mustard
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 tbsp canola oil
1/2 c diced white onion
2 garlic cloves
1 cup TVP
Liquid smoke

Blend tofu, tahini, potato starch, salt, turmeric, onion powder, nutritional yeast, mustard and black pepper in food processor until smooth. Set aside. ( I added a scoop of tofutti better then ricotta and Daiya cheddar shreds to my mix since I had it in the house)

Preheat oven to 375. Oil a casserole pan.

Sautée onions and garlic. Rehydrate 1 cup TVP with 1 cup water, liquid smoke, garlic powder and a little maple syrup. ( feel free to spice to your liking; I was going for a bacon taste )

Mix onions and garlic and the TVP into the tofu mix. Scoop into casserole dish and bake for 40-45 minutes.

I like to make a crust from spaghetti squash . You don't need it though . To do it, bake a spaghetti squash until soft, scoop out the inside. Try to squeeze out as much liquid as possible. Season and press into the bottom of the casserole dish before adding the quiche mixture.

I like to play around with this recipe so feel free to adjust to your liking.
Robyn
RobynMoore
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 16
Thanks, Lisa! This was so delicious, can't wait to try making it! See you soon. -Robyn