NYC Vegetarian and Vegan Families Message Board › mama cat and babies need home

mama cat and babies need home

Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hi everyone--
One of our members, Lisa, just rescued a mom cat and her two babies from the street. Please share this email (and picture) and help them find a forever home. :)  Here's her email below:
Thanks!! -Robyn
Hello animal friendly friends! (and friends of friends),

As you may or may not know, two+ weeks ago, I, along with my good friend, Anne and an expert TNR woman, trapped and rescued a mom and her two babies from a friend's building courtyard in Jackson Heights.
It looks like Kittykind (who I have been fostering with for years) has been kind enough to make room for the kittens to go into a cage this weekend! I'll be bringing them in on Saturday. They will help to adopt them out together to a home. Hopefully that will be quick--they're very cute and only 10 weeks.

Now, I just need to work on getting a foster or permanent home for the mom.

Lucia and Jack have named her Bella. She is about two years old. We had her spayed and she tested negative for FIV and FELV. This morning she had her stitches out and has been vaccinated.

She's been through a lot, living outside, having multiple litters with babies that don't survive. She also roughed this past brutal winter alone.
She is not feral, but she is scared and may take some time to trust. She does let me pet her and brush her and she's good around my cats (although, one of my cats cannot wait for them all to leave!) She is also good around the kids.
It's sad, but I think she'll do much better with her babies gone and some individual attention.

I need to have her placed within about a week as we leave on holiday for 2 weeks June 27th. My parents will be staying at our apt helping out with my three cats but I can't expect them to help with Bella.

Please, please help me spread the word in getting this mama a home!!

Thank you!