NYC Vegetarian and Vegan Families Message Board › Baller RoundUP 8/1/14 (featuring TONIGHT'S vegan on TV & SUNDAY's Food C

Baller RoundUP 8/1/14 (featuring TONIGHT'S vegan on TV & SUNDAY's Food Competition)

A former member
Post #: 1,101

Hello, and welcome to August everyone.

EXCITED to let you all know I am one of the judges for The Vegan Cook-Off: Best Balls Competition, Sunday August 3, 2 pm! I hope to see a bunch of you there cooking, eating and/or winning.

Please know Buffalo, NY has its WNY VegFest this Sunday also. Maybe you can invite some people in that area, make sure they know about it?

For those of you with cable, please watch my friend and colleague Ashlee of The Little Foxes on Live Well Network's show "Mirror/Mirror" at 8:30 pm Eastern. Her episode is about demystifying beauty buzzwords like #vegan #crueltyfree #organic #nonGMO and many others, showing real-life product examples that you can get at any health food store.

Please know The Seed is back for its third year, August 9 & 10 offering 50% off tickets clicking and buying them here! It will be my first time going as I'm finally in town for it!! Using this code is better than Living Social or any such deal site as The Seed Team gets ALL THE MONIES paid.

Please know about The Seed: VIP After Party, Benefiting Farm Sanctuary,  Saturday August 9

Monday August 11, Sea Shepherd NYC hosts their annual S'mores fundraising event at V-Spot. Do hope some of you will attend.

The new vegan documentary Cowspiracy is finally premiering in NYC Thursday August 21, 7 pm. Get tickets NOW before they sell out!!

Besides these upcoming events, want to let you all know I'm involved with a great many (bites nails) conversations about

• a few new VegFests beyond our metro
  • more local, fun & ticketed events
  • a better home for RoundUP and useful vegan information resources otherwise

Speaking of which, VegNews Magazine seems to be on the mend as a September/October issue is being worked on now.

GustOrganics continues to appreciate our patronage, and promotion, of their Meatless Mondays menu that's all vegan. Strong success here will help them increase their options all week long, perhaps even becoming an all veg spot!

Zebra Strategies, a market research firm, is looking for vegans 21–55 years old to participate in a two hour paid study/focus group. Contact them at (212) 244-3960 or sam@zstrategies.net for more information.

FWIW here's This Week in Vegan Crowdfunding 8/1/14

Very excited to see the names of Miyoko's Kitchen vegan cheesesWhich one are you most excited to taste?

Until the next time, be well (fed).
Demetrius