NYC Vegetarian and Vegan Families Message Board › 808 RoundUP (8/8/14) featuring The Seed, Sea Shepherd & Cowspiracy's NYC

808 RoundUP (8/8/14) featuring The Seed, Sea Shepherd & Cowspiracy's NYC Premiere

A former member
Post #: 1,113
Hi herbivores!

This big news this week is The Seed and its Saturday night after party benefiting Farm Sanctuary. I hope everyone you know has heard, or is hearing, about it as of this writing! (cough)
Receive 50% off tickets clicking and buying them here

Judging The Vegan Cook-Off's Best Balls Competition Sunday was lots of FUN (and maybe only loosely punny). The work was far easier than I expected! Then again, producer, host and fellow judges were each delightful. BIG cheers to all those who participated, including our very own cooking dynamo Janice and most excellent Pei-Cen.

Wish me great luck on the many irons I have in the fire. One or more look just about ripe for sharing next RoundUP!

For those interested, here's This Week in Vegan Crowdfunding.

Plenty of events coming up including:
Vegan Shop-Up [Manhattan] is Sunday August 10th

Sea Shepherd NYC hosting their annual S'mores fundraising event at V-Spot Monday August 11

Brooklyn Vegan Drinks' August Edition, this Thursday August 14th, will be middle eastern style

Vegan Shop-Up [Brooklyn] is NEXT Saturday August 16th

I continue to be encouraged by many strong media projects our community is putting out there.
Including the slowly emerging and new vegan
documentary CowspiracyIt premieres in NYC Thursday August 21 at 7 pm.
How is it you ask? Well, I saw it this morning and came up with this: If Food, Inc. and Meatonomics had a movie baby, it is the beautiful, thoughtful and daring documentary Cowspiracy.

Bethlehem VegFest is Saturday August 23rd. Anyone here going?

FYI Bethlehem, PA is home to Vegan Treats!

Question: Have any of you been to Smorgasburg this summer? Any new vegan finds?

Super curious to get over there to taste Chickpea & Olive's Luther donut sandwich. Plus find out what it is!

How Philly's Vedge Is Taking Vegan Food to New Heights

Native Foods Cafe coming to DC this year

Baltimore debuts Vegan SoulFEST

Lastly, I was informed today that Whole Foods has a sale on ALL THE VEGAN ICE CREAM BRANDS. Would a confirmation from 2,3 of you into Saturday (and know the end sale date!)

OK, it's a full weekend for me, so I'm signing off to hit the hay early :)

Be well (fed)!