The purpose of the readings is not detailed comments. Instead, we provide you an opportunity to share, promote, and perform your work. Nevertheless, if you do want to read at an event, you must first comment on someone's work by approaching a reader during our mingling or via email after events. If you had difficulty hearing, the pieces can be found online on our Files page. Also, please read our Critiquing Guidelines.
You should email the Organizer if you would like to read at a future event.
1. Pieces should be no longer than 10mins;
2. You should have already provided comments on someone else's work. See our FILES for previous readers' work;
3. Upload your piece a week before the event on our files so people can read it in advance or print it out. (You don't have to if you aren't permitted to); Choose the 'For Members Only' files option, which means the general public won't have access to it. If you want comments on it, then don't remove it too soon after the event.
4. You must be able to project your voice, stand up, and be heard well in a big space and to a crowd of 50 plus people;
5. If you have a book published, let me know and you can bring your book for signings;
6. If you arrive late, you may lose your reading spot (no later than 15min after we start);
7. RSVP for the event as soon as it opens to replies.
If you'd rather not read but just share your work, upload it in our FILES. Please make clear whether you're looking for critique or simply to share; Keep stories relatively short; Don't upload too many at a time; If sharing a story that has not been published yet, please select the Files option that only members of this group can view it.
About; Promotion; Member Events; Sharing Work; Participation; Online Profile; Message Board; Focus; Wikibook
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|Promotion||January 23, 2009 2:33 PM||anonymous|
|Focus||July 6, 2006 2:06 PM||anonymous|
|Message Board||July 6, 2006 2:06 PM||anonymous|
|Online Profile||December 16, 2007 2:05 PM||anonymous|
|Participation||July 6, 2006 2:05 PM||anonymous|
|Critiquing And Sharing Work||January 23, 2009 2:46 PM||anonymous|
|Member Events||January 23, 2009 2:35 PM||anonymous|
|About NYC Writers Circle||March 27, 2009 11:57 AM||anonymous|