NYC physics and math self-learners group Message Board › NYC physics and math self-learners

NYC physics and math self-learners

Matt S.
matthewdsiegel
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Hello.  Welcome to NYC physics and math self-learners.  A quick note:  I am trying to schedule a place for a first live meeting, and I will post a date/location on the calendar in the next few days.  In the meantime, if you don't have a Skype account please consider getting one.  It's free.  I am hoping that we can break into sub-groups of folks are taking particular on-line classes, and those who are studying the same topic can then have ad-hoc meetings and conference calls via Skype, to discuss problems they encounter, etc.  I've posted on the meetup site a few suggested courses, along with some possible course materials for each.  If you have good additions to suggest, please chime in on the site and I'll add your suggestions to the master list.  Eventually I'll create a google document and invite everyone, so people can enter the edits themselves.  Will be in touch soon.  Hoping to keep it very process-lite and content-heavy.  I hate computers.

- Matt

Matt S.
matthewdsiegel
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 3
Sorry, I forgot two things:

1. Please let me know if anyone has access to a good, free (or cheap) meeting place for up to 20-25 people, with WiFi access. I have identified one good meeting place, but it lacks WiFi, and I'd like to be able to let people Skype in to the live meetings, since some are not very close to the city.

2. The initial suggestions for "courses" are under "More" --> "Files" on your Meetup page. Again, please post any additions to this email thread, rather than editing the file directly. I'll ultimately create a "live" google docs file that people can get in and edit themselves.

Thanks.

Matt