|Sent on:||Wednesday, August 17, 2011 10:32 AM|
*This is a full time, on-site, salaried Ruby on Rails Developer position. No telecommuting allowed. US Citizens or Green Card holders only please. Local candidates strongly preferred, but candidates interested in relocating considered as well.
We are a rapidly growing company with an exciting work environment located in NYC. Working directly with the CEO.
Looking for Ruby on Rails engineers to join the team. We are building an extensive platform using best of breed technologies including Ruby on Rails (just upgraded to Rails 3), jQuery, MongoDB, Redis, Resque, Rspec and Cucumber. You’ll be working in an agile environment where we keep things simple and where we love testing and refactoring – we always make sure our continuous integration build stays green on master. Come excited to contribute to a passionate, visionary team with deep experience and relentless drive.
* Design, build and test the core components of the platform partnering with the product and business development teams to improve and extend our awesome product
* Investigate innovative solutions to platform requirements, thinking outside the box to get things done
* Continuously refactor code base to ensure it is maintainable
* Optimize slow performing web transactions
* Become a leader on the team helping grow and mentor new engineers
* The more experience you have building web applications using Ruby on Rails the better
* Git experience
Very Nice to Haves:
* Experience building RoR plugins or Ruby gems
* Experience scaling web applications to handle millions of users
* Be a BDD nut who’ll know when a LOD violation is actually a violation and will never allow code to go to production unless it has been tested
* Contribution to open source projects or side projects
* Experience with Mongo
* Experience with Amazon Web Services (EC2, S3, etc…)
* Experience developing APIs