I look forward to our sumptuous, sweet union...professionally...at work.
That's right - my awesome employer Eastmedia is hiring!
Let's pair up and make sweet code.
What to expect:
What we're looking for:
- Working with and contributing to the latest and greatest Ruby technologies.
- Working with both large and well-established companies to drive
digital strategy and evolution in development practices, and with
start-ups to build the next big things
- A preference for Agile, behavior driven development that factors in the needs of our clients and partners
- Relaxed working environment
- Our office is in the Flatiron District, a block away from Shake Shack and within walking distance of damn near everything
- Production experience with Ruby, Rails and adjacent technologies (2+ years)
- Most important, you're passionate about the craft of software
engineering, are self-motivated and love building cool Web applications.
You have experience with and mastery of several programming domains
and may have contributed to Open Source projects.
- The ability to be client facing and to produce documentation when called upon to do so
- Your technical approach acknowledges both possibilities AND risks and you plan accordingly
- Strong practical knowledge of core data structures and algorithms
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Appreciation for Test/Behavior Driven Development and agile software development (we're not zealots, we're just practical)
- Comfortable with semantic XHTML and CSS (not necessarily design)
- Code Samples
- You're located in NYC or willing to relocate
We've been around for ten years (think fun like a startup, but we're
sure the lights are going to stay on) and we've been working with Rails
since early 2005. We love being active participants in the Ruby
community. We sponsored the early development of Mongrel, co-founded the
local user group (NYC.rb!), helped organize the first annual GoRuCo
(Gotham Ruby Conference).
Please send us your CV and Code Samples to [address removed]