We are looking for an experienced RoR developer to join our team.
We are a 2 man team based in San Diego with a large client in
Brooklyn. The position is in Williamsburg and requires 3 days a
week working in our client's office and 2 days of optional
telecommute. Your main job will be working directly with the
client's management and us to implement new features and address
bugs for a high grossing production website.
Skills you must posses:
* At least 1 year of professional web application development
with Ruby on Rails on a production system.
* MySQL experience. You need to have a good understanding of
how ActiveRecord works in Rails.
* Front end design experience with HTML and CSS.
* Experience with Git.
* Experience writing unit and integration tests in Rails.
* Experience developing in a Linux/Unix environment.
How to get the job:
1. Do not send us a resume. Please. Don't. We won't read it.
2. Email us at support at developwithvelocity dot com.
3. Tell us about yourself; your hopes, dreams, desires or,
better yet, how you like to code.
4. Send us examples or your work: code snippets, urls, github,
5. Be prepared to Skype with us!
The important part:
$80/hr (40 hours/week, 6 month contract, strong possibility of