Lead Product Engineer
The Lead Product Engineer is involved in all phases of the development cycle, from spec to coding. At design:related, the Lead creates and executes digital strategies in all key areas of product development throughout all stages and life cycles (prototype, staging, QA, production).
This is a collaborative role, and having a 'ﬂexible ego' goes a long way in terms of teamwork as well as team building. The challenge (and fun) is to help build and shape the digital technology capabilities within the company for ongoing growth and scaling.
- Oversee and develop digital products and software
- Directly code across all digital platforms (web, mobile, tablets, social, television, and beyond)
- Help grow and oversees the NY engineering team
- Supervises and helps to review the work of associate engineers and vendors/contractors
- Build, manage and maintain proprietary APIs as well as for 3rd party APIs
- Work within milestone-based time frames while maintaining attention to detail
- Help create a subscriber-based application for large-scale scalability
- Create and maintain all product documentation relating to design:related™ technology
- Work with and build responsive frameworks with the engineering team(s)
The candidate should have a B.S. and/or M.S. In Computer Science or a comparable degree from a four-year accredited institution with in 3 to 7 years experience in a relevant job position(s).
- Ruby on Rails
- Github, Subversion
- Amazon Web Services
- DOM-based applications - HTML5/CSS/JS/AJAX
- High-level creative thinking with just the right amount of discipline and self-control
- Android (Ice Cream Sandwich, Jelly Bean)
- iOS (5, 6)
- Windows mobile (7, 8)
Perks of working at design:related:
- Productivity AND creativity-driven work environment
- Flexible hours when needed
- Inclusion in annual equity award programs including stock options and direct stock awards
- Working with friendly, smart people
- Additional company beneﬁts
Please send any live examples, open source work, etc, along with a portfolio (website or .pdf) to [address removed].
Compensation based on experience.