GiftSideStory.com simplifies the gift giving process for men and helps them find unique interesting gifts for women across all occasions.
We are looking for an incredibly smart and highly driven software engineer to join the team and build this business with us. Specifically, someone very experienced with the technologies and standards of the social web with a minimum of 3 years applicable software experience and a trail of outstanding references.
The software engineer will be critical in bringing to life the overall vision of the company. We are looking for someone who:
• Is exceptionally talented at quickly writing good code that is well structured, easily maintainable, and well documented (be able to show us representative samples)
• Has substantial experience developing viral web applications and writing software that interacts with other social networking systems (APIs, apps, automation scripts, etc.).
• Has the ability to prototype new concepts quickly.
• Has a demonstrated record of self-organizing to deliver software on-time and within budget in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with rapid iteration and development schedules.
• Has excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to translate technical terms into plain English. Good collaborator.
• Is dedicated, reliable and pays attention to detail.
• Is passionate about building a powerful and simple utility, with an elegant and intuitive consumer experience.
• B.S or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent preferred
• Strong experience with several programming languages (some mix of Ruby, PHP, Java, Python, etc.) and frameworks (Ruby on Rails, CakePHP, Django, etc.) and the ability to learn new languages quickly. Preferably someone who is language agnostic and is therefore able to select the best language and framework for the project at hand.
• Knowledge of data structures and database strategy.
• Knowledge of cloud computing (Amazon EC2 and S3) and how to leverage the cloud to build scalable applications.
• Familiarity with the LAMP stack architecture and comfortable enough to configure a MySQL database and Apache servers.
• Authorization to work in the U.S. without sponsorship.
The company is temporarily based in Jersey City with plans to move to NYC soon, so please be in the tri-state area. Compensation is a mix of salary and equity that is competitive with NYC angel-backed start-ups. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
|Page title||Most recent update||Last edited by|
|JOB: Sr. RoR Dev for 1-2 Month Gig ($50-70 hr)||December 8, 2011 3:59 PM||former member|
|JOB - Ruby Developer - Hiring Now||April 25, 2011 3:22 PM||Philipp K.|
|JOB - ROR Developers - NYC||April 18, 2011 9:30 AM||former member|
|Sr Ruby on Rails Developer||April 11, 2011 3:41 PM||Shane B.|
|Join an early stage startup as a Co-Founder!||February 24, 2011 11:34 PM||former member|
|Job - Software Engineer - Gift Side Story||February 24, 2011 12:39 AM||former member|
|Job postings||June 21, 2013 4:31 PM||Monica N.|
|About NYC.rb||February 23, 2011 6:49 AM||Francis H.|