addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwchatcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgoogleimageimagesinstagramlinklocation-pinmagnifying-glassmailminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1outlookpersonplusprice-ribbonImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruseryahoo

NYC Digital Photography Workshops Message Board NYC Digital Photography Workshops Discussion Forum › Two Steps to Reduce Your Emails From Us and This Week's NYCDPW Times Newsletter

Two Steps to Reduce Your Emails From Us and This Week's NYCDPW Times Newsletter

This message board is read-only.

Dawn W.
user 7921342
Group Organizer
New York, NY

August 21, 2014

Hi NYCDPW Photographers -

We have a LOT of new members joining our community since last month and I am writing to you to give you a sneak peek at this week’s NYCDPW Times Weekend Edition Newsletter and to give you an opportunity to reduce your emails from NYC Digital Photography Workshops, Drawing the Light, Journeys Photography Exploration Group (JPEG) and NYC Image Group as I know many of you are involved in more than one of these groups and receive redundant emails.

Click here to see this week’s newsletter:
NYCDPW Times - Your Weekend Photography Newsletter

I am planning to reduce my emails to 2x a week on Mondays and Thursdays instead of 3 or more times a week. Any developments that occur in between emails, I will wait to include them in the next email. This will NOT include personal emails with instructions for a particular Workshop as these are necessary to receive for those who RSVP.

In addition, I will no longer be using Meetup to send these information-packed emails as if you are involved in more than one of my groups, you are probably receiving the same email more than once. That being said, we will be utilizing Mailchimp exclusively for these weekly newsletters. We currently use Mailchimp for some of you who have already signed up. Mailchimp allows me to create newsletters that are easier to read (and a much nicer format as well…!!) Mailchimp newsletters read excellent on-the-go on your mobile as well!

The new newsletters will NOT JUST include Workshop information BUT ALSO contest info, winner announcements, exhibition opportunities, an image highlight from the previous week for that newsletter and  photography tips to help you become better photographers.

I highly recommend that you subscribe to our Mailchimp newsletter so that you do not miss out on all of the wonderful news, info, exhibitions and contests we provide as well as to help me reduce the emails you receive from me with regard to the above groups.

To subscribe, click the Reduce My Emails! link below, or anywhere above that says Mailchimp­:

Reduce My Emails!

If you are a member of more than one of the following groups, we recommend that you drop from all of OUR OTHER groups and join or stay in the mother group: NYC Digital Photography Workshops as we post more opportunities and learn and exhibit in that group.

Groups:
NYC Digital Photography Workshops <
Drawing the Light - Photography & Lighting Classes <
Journeys Photography Exploration Group (JPEG) <
NYC Image Group <

IMPORTANT STEP
Once you have signed up for the Mailchimp newsletter, go to My Profile/Emails & Notifications on the Meetup website and turn OFF notifications and you will no longer receive all the crazy emails and reminders from our group - you will ONLY receive the newsletter through Mailchimp twice a week.

We look forward to helping you to become better photographers while making the process to get there a bit easier and a less annoying.

Thank you and have a great week!

Dawn M. Wayand
NYC Digital Photography Workshops
Drawing the Light - Photography & Lighting Classes
Journeys Photography Exploration Group (JPEG)
NYC Image Group
Shoot. Learn. Become Awesome.

FOLLOW NYCDPW ON FACEBOOK!

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/nycdpw
For more photography tips, workshops,
exhibition opportunities and photography happenings around town.