Avi F.
avifogel
New York, NY
Post #: 107
Achieved a 28% ascent today, from the pivot point. While I sold today and locked in solid 21% gains, this may still turn out to be a gap play, or even a 3wk / 20% growth story although it took 4 weeks and not 3.
What do you think?
Sathish M
user 45522132
Princeton, NJ
Post #: 1
My .02 on LNKD, as our company has been using LNKD for a while now:

Recruiting has always been a big market for job posting sites. The current players are Dice, Monster & Hotjobs, where annual fees can run upwards of 10,000 dollars for the ability to post 3 jobs at the same time. If you want prominent placement of your ads, or if you want to post much more the cost keeps going up further.

Compared to these, LNKD's costs are much less. And they have the largest pool of candidates (also known as candidate database) in the world. In addition, LNKD has a number of advantages over the traditional job-posting sites; the primary advantage.... when you post your resume on a job-posting site, your boss/company knows you're looking to get out; having your profile on LNKD does not have that connotation.

In terms of potential, LNKD is just scratching the surface in this segment.
David L.
user 79995662
New York, NY
Also recently involved w LNKD, held thru earns and added on Fri open. I think this move has legs. Rev per member grew to $1.50 from $1.17 as members grew 39% to over 200m last year.

AGR's of LNKD's 3 largest businesses:
Talent Solutions 95%
Marketing Solutions 68%
Premium Solutions 79%
Very impressive for a co that's been around for 10 years already.
Joe H.
user 9808556
New York, NY
According to IBD, LNKD was founded before GOOG, and FB. Wow! As Johnny Carson once said, "I did not know that!"

As far as I can tell, the only reason why it's not an IBD 50 is because of the 3.8% ROE. I believe that's about to change.
ROE can be a very nebulous metric, so I suggest you study the Du Pont system that breaks it up into three parts. Notice how debt can yank it up faster than you can say quantitative easing, but LNKD has no debt.

The return on equity (ROE) ratio is a measure of the rate of return to stockholders. Decomposing the ROE into various factors influencing company performance is often called the Du Pont system.

Joe H.
user 9808556
New York, NY
Post #: 3
I think the last few responses nailed it. Also, with the professional segment being much higher on the salary scale, LNKD gets to snag a much higher commission. Again, I'm sure the H-squared guys hate this company, but they have no other choice but to participate.

Could this be similar to what AMZN did to the retailing sector? Time wil tell, but I'm betting my money with LNKD, and I'll be watching that ROE climb up. This could be an interesting study. What was AMZN's ROE back then. What I find hilarious today is that just when most companies are reporting lower profit margins, AMZN is expanding theirs. Go figure, and go Jeff-baby Bezos!