NYC Independent Traders and Investors Message Board › Diversifying your Portfolio with Managed Futures

Diversifying your Portfolio with Managed Futures

Charlotte L.
user 53437642
New York, NY
Post #: 1
Thanks again, Hollis, for giving me such a great opportunity to present this particular investment idea. Hopefully after this session, our members could grasp the significance of alternative investment and really consider diversifying their portfolio with managed futures.

As to your question, VAMI stands for value-added monthly index. VAMI is defined as the growth in value of an average $1000 investment. VAMI assumes the reinvestment of all profits and interest income and is calculated by multiplying (1+current monthly rate of return) * (previous monthly VAMI). Incentive and management fees have been deducted.

CPO stands for Commodity Pool Operator. A Commodity pool operator is an individual or organization that solicits or receives funds to use in the operation of a commodity pool, syndicate, investment trust, or other similar fund, specifically for trading in commodity interests. Such interests include commodity futures, swaps, options and/or leverage transactions. A CPO is generally required to be registered with the CFTC (Commodity Futures Trading Commission).

For more questions, please click our free database cta.ibtrade.com and type your 8 digit pin number (which I'll give to everyone later). There are categories of glossary and FAQ about all the managed futures terms for you to have a view.

If any member has any question about managed futures, please let me know. :-)

Hope you all enjoy the idea of investing in alternatives!