add-memberalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbellblockcalendarcamerachatchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-upcircle-with-crosscomposecrossfacebookflagfolderglobegoogleimagesinstagramkeylocation-pinmedalmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1pagepersonpluspollsImported LayersImported LayersImported LayersshieldstartwitterwinbackClosewinbackCompletewinbackDiscountyahoo

The New York City Mountain Bikers Meetup Group Message Board › Places we ride...

Places we ride...

user 2934514
Group Organizer
New York, NY
Post #: 22
Below is a pretty complete list of the places we ride with a link to a previous meetup event at each location.

New York City

Cunningham Park

Sprain Ridge

Graham Hills

Blue Mountain

Mianus River State Park

South New Jersey

Huber Woods

Washington Valley Park/Chimney Rock

North New Jersey

Mahlon Dickerson

Lewis Morris

Jungle Habitat

Western Long Island

Bethpage/Greenbelt trail

Caumsett State Park

Eastern Long Island

East Setauket

Glacier Ridge

Cathedral Pines

Upstate New York

Stewart Airport/Stewart Buffer Zone

Lake Minnewaska

Nicole W
New York, NY
Post #: 238
Just wanted to add that if there's a place you would like to go and it's not on the list, let us know. We are always looking for new places to explore as a group. Especially if there are people willing to be guides. This is just a list of where we've BEEN, not solely where we ride. Some other places we will hopefully get to next year:

5 Mile Run
Jockey Hill
Allamuchy/Deer Park
A former member
Post #: 144
Sorry I haven't been involved with the ride stuff; I can lead rides at Trumbull easily as well as other venues in Fairfield County. I'll try to be more involved this year.

A former member
Post #: 1
Hey guys! I recently came across Forest Park in queens. It has a main road that's closed and connects 2 parts of the park. It's a rolling wide road good for a cool down. Off that is a wide dirt bridal path (bikes allowed) that's a bit more challenging with hurried 4x4's and hills with some jump potential. Off of those are smaller bike baths that are much more narrow and hilly. There are also "secret" areas like a pond with a trail around it with drops and hills. On top of that it is safe, clean, and like an untouched land in queens. I'm new to this but love it and love that its 10 minutes from my house. Parking is on the road but I've yet to have any trouble finding a spot. I'm still finding new areas to explore.

Hope you like it, let me know if you want to ride!
charlie p.
user 12551691
Lake Peekskill, NY
Post #: 2
taconic herford multi use area or 909 in pleasent valley easy to get to up the taconic st parkway ...coolcool