To spiff up our web presence, we're gonna need a logo. Many other groups have them; why not us? So... to get the ball rolling... we're hosting a LOGO CONTEST. And we're making it easy, with the help of our sponsor Traders Press. You needn't be an artist - or even artistic - to win! Here's how to enter:
- Let your creativity run wild. Come up with your best idea for a logo design. It can (but doesn't necessarily have to) incorporate our name, our initials, a monetary theme, a NYC icon, or any other relevant design element.
- Scan your doodly napkin or hit us with your best jpeg/gif drawing by September 1. You can send it to me personally or post it in our documents section for all to see.
- The graphics team at traders Press will review the entries and select the most suitable for development.
- If time and technology permit, we'll push'em out to the membership for a vote.
- The graphic artists at Traders Press will turn the winning entry into a professional logo that we can proudly use on our web site and in our correspondence, AND
- The lucky winner gets to choose the Traders Press book of his/her choice as a prize![/b]
Can't wait to see what you come up with! And don't forget we have a 20% discount offer on all Traders Press publications. Just enter code NYCPI20 when you visit Traders Press
. Crayfish FESTIVAL at AQUAVIT
: The restaurant has very graciously loosened up its group reservations requirement for us. We still have a few seats left, and a couple of extra days to reel in (no pun intended) some lucky party-goers. This will be a memorable meal, with memorable conversation and fellowship. Grab a spot, please; it will be so much nicer with you there! ON THE LOOKOUT:
This is an independent fellowship and your ideas and suggestions are always welcome. Speakers? Topics? Web content? Surveys? Bring'em on! Members also have access right to our message board and our files section (for relevant downloads.) Your turn!PRIVATE INVESTOR MANIFESTO:
I would like to share with you my response (and the post that precipitated it) in which I try to articulate some of the reasons why I started this group -- largely for the Boomers who are aging/timing,opting/flunking/zoning out of the conventional job market, for whom Plan C (living off their 401Ks) has suddenly become their Plan A. And also for the Gen Xers and Yers who love them, and certainly don't want to spend the best years of their lives slaving away to support a bloated and unsustainable welfare system for their parents. This was hastily (and somewhat angrily) written. But you'll get my drift - TRADING and INVESTING wisely has become a core life skill for survival in the new economic world order. Hope you'll agree...
Here's the link: http://www.brazencareerist.com/2010/07/28/financial-help-millennials-versus-baby-boomers