|Sent on:||Tuesday, March 13, 2012 9:53 AM|
Space and Food Provided Thanks to FINS from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL (LINK: http://recruiter.fins.com/)
Join us for the Recruit Ca.mp Un-Conference
This event is exclusively for in-house recruiting professionals. Please contact Mark Israel directly at [address removed] if you have any questions.
We’re pleased to invite you to the first New York recruiting “un-conference” on Monday, April 23rd at the News Corp at 1211 Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave, between 47th and 48th ). RSVP at http://nyc.recruitca.mp
That’s right this is an UN-conference, not a conference. What’s an un-conference you say? Well what’s relevant is what an un-conference is not. Here’s what won’t be at this event:
1. People trying to sell you stuff. Especially people wearing cheesy polo shirts with logos on them.
4. Bad, stale coffee
5. Microphones and cheesy intro music for self-important speakers who talk about themselves on a stage.
6. Stadium-seating sit-and-listen style learning
Un-conferences are about the participants – that’s right, it’s about YOU... it’s about creating an experience that’s useful for you. About you meeting your peers and sharing your professional experiences so everyone can get better at what they do. In a way it’s a “attend-generated” event/meetup/mashup. About providing a forum for you to have engaging discussions on relevant topics… where you can share what you’ve learned and get input from other great practitioners on real issues that you have today. RSVP at http://nyc.recruitca.mp
Sounds great, right? So how does it work?
1. Everyone sits in a circle and discusses a topic. Think engaging, exciting conversation – not sit, listen and take notes. As we all know how recruiters are, each session has a moderator who tries (and usually fails) to keep the chaos in check.
2. You get to vote with your feet and choose your topics. At any given time there will be a few different sessions happening, so you can choose to go to the session most relevant for you.
3. We’ll try to keep the sessions to between 20-30 people each, so everyone can participate. First come, first serve.
The agenda is pretty straightforward:
· 9:00AM Group Caffination and bagelziation (or oatmealization for the healthy). Space and Food provided by FINS from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
· 9:30AM People actually arrive, semi-kickoff thingy
· 10:00AM – 11:00AM Session 1
o Recruiting Analytics, led by Dan Arkind
· Recruitment Advertising, what works – led by Gerry Crispin
· Recruiting is Local
· 11:00AM-11:25 AM Break
· 11:30AM – 12:30PM Session 2
o Managing Agencies
o Setting up a recruiting process, led by Mark Israel
o Sourcing Tips and Tricks, led by Craig Fisher
· 12:30PM – 1:30PM Networking Lunch
Space and Food provided by: FINS from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL
· 1:30PM – 2:30PM Session 3
o Improve your candidate experience
· How to train your Hiring Managers
· Recruiting Tech: Innovation the works, led by Ernie Feiteira
· 2:30pM-2:55 PM Break - Everyone catches up on the email they’ve been ignoring.
· 3:30PM-4:30 – Session 4
o Recruiting Social Media policy – have one? Need one?
· Mobile Recruiting – Are we there yet? Lead by
· Outlook for[masked]
· 4:30PM-5:00PM – Surprise
· 5:15PM-??? Happy Hour, Fun Bar.
* Agenda Subject to Change, that part of being an un-conference.
RSVP at http://nyc.recruitca.mp
So, who should attend?
This event is exclusively for in-house recruiting professionals – you know the folks who process every candidate for every job… whether your title is HR, Talent Acquisition, Contract Recruiter, RPO, this event is for you. We’ll be running a separate event for Agencies in the fall. Email us here if you want to be informed when we launch the event.
Wanna come? Sign up today, spots are limited. The first 15 participants get in free, the next 15 for the reduced rate of $75 and everyone else will qualify for the $150 early-bird special if you sign up before April 1st.
RSVP at http://nyc.recruitca.mp
Space and Food provided by FINS from THE WALL STREET JOURNAL