The NY Recruiting Meetup Network Message Board › Contract Recruitment Manager Positions (6)
Hello- I am hiring recruitment manager positions. See below for details.
Summer Recruitment Project Managers- 6 Positions
Join our Summer Team!
The Opportunities Project is searching for six contract Recruitment Project Managers to assist with its work in Newark Public Schools. Recruitment Project Managers will assist Newark's Renew Schools' leadership teams staff their schools for Fall 2012, including assisting with strategy, screening candidates, and helping principals manage the entire process. Renew Schools are new schools that are being phased in this fall and must be completely staffed- you can read more about the Renew Schools initiative on the Newark Public Schools website (see pages 4-6).
If you're an experienced recruiter who has always wanted to strategically staff an organization from scratch, or wanted to make an immediate impact that matters, this is a great opportunity for you. There is almost nothing more important you can do this summer besides help make sure Newark's students have access to great educators.
Recruitment Manager Responsibilities
The following are a summary of the Recruitment Manager's responsibilities.
- Work directly with a Renew School's principal leadership team to project and fill vacancies (approximately 50 per school)
- Manage application screening, interviewing, and candidate relationships using Teach Newark systems
- Coordinate candidate and principal data with the Teach Newark team
- Schedule all interview sessions/events at assigned Renew School
- Coach Renew School leaders on best human capital practices
- Liaise with the Newark Public Schools human resources team on paperwork and onboarding for selected candidates
- Participate in Teach Newark events such as webinars, live events, and meetings
Each Recruitment Project Manager will work approximately 28 hours a week through the end of the August/early September. About 50% of the work (candidate follow-up, screening, project management) can be completed remotely and 50% (hiring manager meetings, coaching, interview events) will be completed on site at the assigned Renew School in Newark, NJ.
Recruitment Project Managers will be compensated $40-$50 per hour and will be independent contractors of The Opportunities Project.
We are considering a wide variety of backgrounds for this position and we will evaluate you based on your accomplishments and how you present that you are capable of succeeding in this role. Applicants must demonstrate the following:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven systematic thinker and project manager
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Experience hiring for an organization (recruiting, hiring manager, committee participation)
- Experience managing, coaching, and or employee development preferred but not required
- Experience in education preferred but not required
If you are interested, please submit a resume and brief cover letter as soon as possible to info [at] oppsproject.com. We will be interviewing candidates in NYC during the week of May 15th and will make quick decisions so you can start immediately.
We look forward to receiving your application. Not only is this a great opportunity to use your skills to make an impact, but an exciting one. Our Teach Newark team includes fantastic, talented people, and The Opportunities Project is a growing recruitment and coaching services firm receiving national recognition for their work. Join us!