The NY Recruiting Meetup Network Message Board › Human Resources Manager Position at TransPerfect Translations
|A former member||
TransPerfect Family of Companies
Human Resources Manager
Do you have a desire to help companies communicate more effectively in the ever-changing global marketplace? Whether you are interested in software development, project management, language research, or sales, TransPerfect could be the place for you.
TransPerfect Translations was founded in 1992 with the following mission: to provide the highest quality language services to leading businesses worldwide. With no external financing, the TransPerfect family of companies grew from its humble beginnings as a two-person company operating in an NYU business school dorm room into the world?s third largest translation and software localization firm and one of the fastest growing, privately-held companies in the United States. With a network of over 8,000 language specialists and over 800 full-time employees in over 50 locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia, we?re continuously ready to meet our clients? needs, around the clock and around the world. We attribute our growth to the skill, aptitude, and commitment of our high caliber employees. Put simply, we hire the most talented candidates and give them the guidance, resources, and opportunities they need to grow their career in an expanding environment.
Your career at TransPerfect is entirely in your hands. Here you will find exciting opportunities that challenge you on a daily basis. By rising to these challenges, you will reap the rewards on both a professional and personal level. We are always seeking outstanding and diverse candidates with a wide range of backgrounds. With the rapid growth of TransPerfect, you?ll find no lack of opportunity for advancement.
Achieve your potential. Our ?small company? environment provides you with strong, ongoing coaching support.
Make an impact. Our employees? knowledge and expertise is vital in helping companies expand into new markets and establish a global presence.
Explore diverse opportunities. We offer a range of employment opportunities, from working on a language project management team with experienced individuals around the globe to opening a sales office in a new city.
Join a diverse organization. By the very nature of what we do, our people, vendors, and clients come from many different countries and backgrounds. What they all share is an appreciation for diversity and the belief that our results help companies and individuals succeed.
· Prepare and maintain updated employee handbooks (all locations) and procedures manual
· Administer compensation/performance evaluation system
· Handle all employee relations issues, as needed, and provide counsel to managers on employee issues/disciplinary actions/harassment issues, etc
· Assist with employee inquires, as needed
· Conduct exit interviews, ensuring that all proper paperwork has been completed and signed (personnel change form, resignation letter (if applicable), and exit interview).
· Recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to effect continual improvement in effect continual improvement in efficiency of department and services performed
· Maintain compliance with federal and state regulations concerning all aspects of employment (non-exempt vs. exempt, overtime pay, poster compliance (all locations), due process, etc
· Manage employee visa and green card processes
· Training-conduct new hire human resource training for all employees, distribute and collect training feedback forms from all new employees
· Assist HR Generalist with the processing of bi-weekly payroll (US. And Canada)/
· Check ADP bill on a monthly basis to ensure that all employees are properly archived in HRIS.
· Act as point person within department for employee relocations
· Handle unemployment inquiries
· Assist HRD with development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures, as needed
· Maintain flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as needed.
§ Excellent communication skills in English, both written and verbal
§ Considerable knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration/management
§ Familiarly with employment law
§ Ability to call upon outside resources to obtain information regarding current employment law (for all company locations).
§ Ability to maintain professionalism and confidentiality in all situations, especially with handling employee issues
§ Positive attitude and team orientation
§ Ability to work effectively across organizational boundaries to achieve goals.
§ 5+ years experience working in a human resources department
§ Requires a four-year degree or higher
TransPerfect is an equal opportunity employer.
TransPerfect offers a comprehensive benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, 401k, paid time-off, company sponsored life insurance, long term disability, flexible spending account options, and a pro-active and accessible HR department that focuses on the staff?s health and happiness.
If you think you have what it takes to succeed in a dynamic, fast-paced environment, click here to apply https://home.eease.co...
Your World. Your Future. Go Global!
TransPerfect | Translations.com | ArchiText | Crimson | Epic Global Solutions | eTranslate | Terra Pacific