Hello Selenium Meetup
Yodle is looking for a Temp QA Engineer, to work ~40 hours/week for the month of December to help out with some additional work.
You will be working in our NY office.
You should have automation experience, specifically with Selenium and have done some programming (any language).
I am including a description for our fulltime role to give you an idea of what we typically look for on our team.
Please send your hourly rate requirements and a copy of your resume to me : awecler at yodle.com
Do you see yourself as a individual who loves to understand a business and then build technology to support that vision? Do you regularly think of how you can improve
existing tools and technology for testing? The QA Team at Yodle is responsible for understanding the vision of the business and then creating test systems and using them to deliver that vision. This means developing systems that behave like end users, are thorough
like testers, and interface like developers. You will be rewarded by developing your business acumen, your development and design chops, and your leadership skills.
- Dedicate yourself to understanding the business and services we provide. Learning is done by getting up and speaking with your users, talking with our product managers, and doing some research of your own. Yodler's
wear out the treads on our shoes twice as fast as normal worker because we believe passive forms of communication (emails, voicemails) are detrimental to our success.
- Deliver consistent and sound test strategy. At Yodle, we strive to find the balance between "going with your gut" and "analysis paralysis". Engineers are responsible for envisioning the work from beginning to
end and then executing on the plan. Work will present challenges in the areas of web applications, backend services, mobile devices, and many other areas/fields.
- Commit to working in a tightly integrated engineering team. At Yodle, QA Engineers work side by side with product developers, product managers, and UI designers. If you are the type of person who asks to included
in up front decisions, but then feels overwhelmed, Yodle is not a good fit. You will be asked to think critically about your own work and about everyone else's work - regardless of their department. Quality is everyone's responsibility, but you are its champion
- both in practice and by example.
- Contribute to a growing test system that needs to constantly evolve and expand in order to allow our products to evolve and expand. Use your knowledge of software development and testing to create a system that
validates our products while maximizing reliability, specificity, and speed. Use your experience in concert with development to answer the all important question of "What do I need to get started?"
- Collaborate with product management and engineering teams, in an agile environment, to develop a comprehensive set of tests for our web-based application
- Assist product and engineering teams to define requirements
- Run manual test scripts and maintain automated testing scripts
- Analyze failed tests and manage defects using the bug reporting tool
- Perform extensive functional, integration, security and UI testing
- Collaborate with engineering to validate bugs and get them fixed
- ?Strong coding and design skills: You should be proficient in at least one programming language, and have led or contributed to large software projects
- Test Strategy skills: While team members are given flexibility in strategy style, you must have demonstrated the ability to develop a strategy that incorporates the business scenarios, technical approach, and
- SQL experience?
- Strong communications skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related Science/Business field
50 W 23rd Street
New York, NY 10010