addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscontroller-playcrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1light-bulblinklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonprintShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The New York City Ukulele Meetup Group Message Board › The Willie Nelson - New York Ukulele Ensemble Connection

The Willie Nelson - New York Ukulele Ensemble Connection

Debra
Debra.
New York, NY
Post #: 6
Willie Nelson and his daughter Amy wrote a song -- Peaceful Solution -- and issued a challenge to musicians to come up with their own interpretations in an effort to bring conciousness to bringing an end to the war in Iraq and an end to all wars in the future. The New York Ukulele Ensemble took up the challenge, and the result is currently on the front page of Willie Nelson's website:

http://willienelsonpr...­

I'm not sure how long the video will be in this coveted position, so if it should move please look for it here:

http://willienelsonpr...­

or on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.co...­

I'm bragging for the group this time because I was lucky enough to be included in it. In addition to the regular members of the Ensemble (Uke Jackson, Heather Lev, Uncle Zac, J. Walter Hawkes, Joe Silver, Greg Gattuso, and Daria Grace), Holly Duthie, Terry Marks and Moose Karloff (aka Duncan Pflaster) and I got to participate (thanks again, Uke!).

Holly, Greg, Joe and I are fellow NYC Ukulele Meetup members, by the way.

It's a Uke Revolution! Check it out!!!
A former member
Post #: 1
Just to set the record straight, Duncan Pflaster and I are not the same person, but we are both active members of the New York ukulele community.

I was the one who actually sat in on the "Peaceful Solution" session (at the gracious request of Uke Jackson), and it was a pretty groovy experience.

Debra must have gotten distracted when she was writing the post, because I'm sure she knows the difference between Mr. Pflaster and myself. I love you anyway, honey...

Uke on, my brothers and sisters...

Moose Karloff
Debra
Debra.
New York, NY
Post #: 7
Oh. My. God.

This thread popped up on my screen and as I was reading it again (I totally forgot about it) I thought...what the hell? What...what the hell???

Yes, I do know the difference between the two gents, and while they are indeed both gents each is as unique as the names they bear.

I can't explain this...maybe there was a full moon that night? I prefer that explanation to I'm a damned idiot.

Much love right back!