New York City is a place rich in cultural diversity; with residents from every country in the world. This makes NYC the ideal place to host the New York City WORLD TOURNAMENT 2012! Check out last year’s final:NYC WORLD SOCCER YouTube channel.Also checkout the story done about us by AssociatedPress.
How do I join the tournament?
There are 3 ways to join the tournament:
1. First way to join is by clicking on the link below and joining one of the listed teams (if the team does not have a captain, you can become the captain. Please e-mail Aia to become a captain. All teams must have a captain:)
2. The second way to join is as an individual player. To join as an individual player please rsvp onthis pageand we will place you on a team. If you would like to be placed with a friend on the same team, please let us know. We will try to accommodate everyone :)
3. The third way to join is as a team. If you would like to register your team,please contact Aia or Paulto for a special team discount. Thank you!
How will the tournament work?
-We are looking to register at least 16 teams.
-Once teams are registered, we will have a team draw like FIFA to create groups.
- The first round consists of 3 games.
- The top 2 teams in each group will make it to the knockout round (sudden elimination round)
What's the cost and what is the refund policy?
- $49 dollars for individual players. If you join as an individual player, we will place you on a team.
- If you have a team already please contact us for our special reduced team fee.
- The deadline to receive a refund is March 20th.
- 3 first round games (half of the teams will move to the next round).
- Hired referees
- Permit fees
- FIFA match balls
- League and website administration
- Part of the proceeds will be donated to the winning team's charity.
When do we play?
See schedule on this link: The schedule will be posted after Jan 1, 2012
Where will we play?
Booker T. Washington Field on W108st between Amsterdam and Columbus Ave.
Google link: ClickBooker T. Field
What are the rules and level of play?
- 8vs8 (includes the goalkeeper)
- Full size goals.
- Two 25 minute halves.
- Level is intermediate to advance. If you played at a college level, you would be considered Advanced.
- No sliding. You must wear turf shoes or running shoes. NO CLEATS ALLOWED. YOU WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO PLAY WITH CLEATS OF ANY TYPE. YOU MUST WEAR TURF OR RUNNING SHOES.
- For the full set of rules follow this link: Rules
** PLEASE NOTE: You cannot RSVP until you have paid here via PayPal. Once the tournament is full, we will open up a waiting list for those that didn't get a chance to register.**