The NYC Vinyl Meetup Message Board › Recently purchased

Recently purchased

MJT
matt.trush
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 9
Tell us about some of the records you recently picked up!
A former member
Post #: 1
Purchased a lot records recently. I won't list them all, but these are the 10 standouts imo.

Lee Morgan - Search For the New Land - 45rpm (Music Matters)
Sonny Rollins - Vol. 1 - 45rpm (Music Matters)
Hank Mobley - No Room For Squares - 45rpm (Analogue Productions)
Lee Morgan - The Sidewinder - 45rpm (Analogue Productions)
Sam Cooke - Night Beats - 45rpm (Analogue Productions)
Max Roach - Deeds, Not Words
Prokofiev: Lieutenant Kije/Stravinsky: Song of the Nightingale - Fritz Reiner & CSO
The White Stripes - Under Great White Northern Lights
Tony Allen - Homecooking
Antibalas - Who is this America
Damian J.
user 10717986
New York, NY
Fun....

Just picked up..

The Meters - s/t
Aloha - Home Acres
Soul Jazz Records comp - New Orleans Funk
and finally found a copy of Clipse - Lord Willin'
A former member
I recently picked up nice reissues of the first three Big Star albums at Academy on W. 18th, along with a "Stranger Than Fiction" soundtrack (which has alot of Spoon on it.) I've been enjoying listening to all of them. Peter Gabriel's "So" has also recently been recently reissued by Classic Records and it arrived the other day, but I haven't yet had the time. Also found a mint copy of Donald Fagen's "The Nightfly" for a dollar at a thrift store over the weekend. So many records, so little time.
James (the Classy ...
innerspaceboy
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 3
Latest acquisitions:

Carl Sagan - A Glorious Dawn 7" etched with the image from the '77 Voyager Golden Record.

An original copy of Captain Beefheart's Trout Mask Replica - easily my favorite find from Record Store Day.

Tom Waits' Rain Dogs

Silver Apples' Contact (the album that killed Kapp Records) found at the Bruised Apple Bookshop.

And just got my hands on The Black Dog's new Music For Real Airports, a 180 gram triple LP limited to 353 hand-numbered copies worldwide. An electronic ambient masterpiece!