addressalign-toparrow-leftarrow-rightbackbellblockcalendarcameraccwcheckchevron-downchevron-leftchevron-rightchevron-small-downchevron-small-leftchevron-small-rightchevron-small-upchevron-upcircle-with-checkcircle-with-crosscircle-with-pluscrossdots-three-verticaleditemptyheartexporteye-with-lineeyefacebookfolderfullheartglobegmailgooglegroupshelp-with-circleimageimagesinstagramFill 1linklocation-pinm-swarmSearchmailmessagesminusmoremuplabelShape 3 + Rectangle 1ShapeoutlookpersonJoin Group on CardStartprice-ribbonShapeShapeShapeShapeImported LayersImported LayersImported Layersshieldstartickettrashtriangle-downtriangle-uptwitteruserwarningyahoo

The NYC Vinyl Meetup Message Board › Record Store Day!

Record Store Day!

MJT
matt.trush
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 10
Record Store Day is on Saturday, April 17th and I wanted to get a discussion going around where we should go. Here's a list of all the stores in NYC that are participating. Some of these are not open any more so we'll have to parse down the list.

Brooklyn

• Academy Record Annex
  • BASEMENT MIX RECORDS
  • earwax records
  • halcyon the shop
  • HiCal45s
  • Sound Fix

Manhattan

• A-1 Records
  • Academy LPs
  • BLACK STAR MUSIC & VIDEO
  • Bleecker Street Records
  • bleeckerbobs
  • disc-o-rama music
  • Downtown Music Gallery
  • Etherea
  • Fat Beats
  • Generation Records
  • Gimme Gimme Records
  • J&R Music World
  • Kim's Video & Music
  • Other Music
  • rebel rebel
  • rock and soul

I'm thinking maybe we get started at J&R (opens first), train up to Village, walk to East Village and then go over to Williamsburg and end there. What do you guys think?

James (the Classy ...
innerspaceboy
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 1
J&R sounds like a good start. It opens the earliest and has six artists performing live throughout the day.

The other early bird shops are as follows:

Disc-o-Rama and Kim's both open at 9am

Then Rock and Soul opens at 9:30.

A few live performances are scheduled during the day at Generation Records. They open at 11.

Sound Fix, Rebel Rebel, Other Music, Fat Beats, and Downtown Music all open at 12.

Sound Fix has Regina Spektor performing live, not sure what time.

A1 Records and Gimme Gimme both open at 1pm.

Two of the stores listed won't be open. It appears Etherea has closed its doors until further notice. And Basement Mix Records is only open on Sundays, (unless they've made an exception for the holiday... might be worth a phone call.)

What time did you want to start at J&R?
A former member
Post #: 1
J&R sounds like a good start. It opens the earliest and has six artists performing live throughout the day.

The other early bird shops are as follows:

Disc-o-Rama and Kim's both open at 9am

Then Rock and Soul opens at 9:30.

A few live performances are scheduled during the day at Generation Records. They open at 11.

Sound Fix, Rebel Rebel, Other Music, Fat Beats, and Downtown Music all open at 12.

Sound Fix has Regina Spektor performing live, not sure what time.

A1 Records and Gimme Gimme both open at 1pm.

Two of the stores listed won't be open. It appears Etherea has closed its doors until further notice. And Basement Mix Records is only open on Sundays, (unless they've made an exception for the holiday... might be worth a phone call.)

What time did you want to start at J&R?

Hey everybody,

As the owner of Sound Fix, let me clear up a few things.

Regina Spektor is NOT performing here. That was two years ago. Guess some old info was still lying around ...

Also, we open at 10:30, not noon. Obviously, I am busy that day, but I hope to see all. Please come say hello!
MJT
matt.trush
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 12
Hey Everyone,

Just updated the Meetup and here's what I'm thinking:

For those that can make it, we'll get started downtown hitting J&R when it opens at 9:00. From there, we can head up to the Village / East Village area for the rest of the morning / early afternoon. Then, we'll shoot over to Williamsburg / Greenpoint to finish out the day.

I'll put together a map with opening times and we can plan as we go.

For those of you that can't make it out from the start, my mobile is 917.386.4588 and I'll be Tweeting out where we are via Foursquare (username on both is mtrush).
James (the Classy ...
innerspaceboy
Buffalo, NY
Post #: 2
I don't think I'll be able to make it to J&R that early, (I'm taking the train in from Peekskill.) I've mapped out a counter-clockwise walk to the 10 shops in the Greenwich Village area starting with Bleeker Street Records at around 11am. Hopefully I'll be able to meet up with the rest of you before noon.

MJT
matt.trush
Brooklyn, NY
Post #: 13
Hey everyone!

Just uploaded the full list of 2010 Record Store Day releases here­.

Will bring some copies tomorrow along with a map of the stores.